When I lived in Texas, I worked with a girl who would always start out her dinner menu with potatoes. I would ask her what was for dinner that night and she would say, “potatoes, _____ and ____.”
I think people have a love affair with potatoes. To me, there is something comforting about them. You see a potato dish at almost every holiday feast. They are typically part of a Sunday supper with the family.
Who can resist a big dollop of creamy mashed potatoes topped with butter. Yum, I am making myself a bit hungry here.
Big and I recently received Irish potatoes in our CSA box. I decided it was time to try out my clean eating onion soup mix on the potatoes. I have to admit, I am finding the clean eating onion soup mix to be great for so many of my recipes.
Onion roasted potatoes are so easy to make. Cube your potatoes, add a little oil and the onion mix and pop them in the oven. You can go about making your main course while the potatoes are cooking.
Find the recipe for the clean eating onion soup mix by clicking here or by clicking on the photo below.
These potatoes would go well with chicken, fish or pork. I love it when a side dish goes well with my main dishes. Heck, you could even top these potatoes with a fried egg and have it as a meatless Monday meal.
How to make Onion Roasted Potatoes:
- 4 medium to large potatoes (I used Irish, but you can use russet)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons Clean Eating Onion Soup Mix
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- In a large bowl, add the potatoes, olive oil and clean eating onion soup mix. Mix till coated.
- Lay out on a large baking sheet that is covered with foil
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until done.
- Baking time will depend on how big you cubed the potatoes.
- Find the recipe for Clean Eating Onion Soup Mix at FeedingBig.com You can also click on the area that says recipe adapted from and it will take you to the recipe.
I hope you will give this recipe a try. Don’t have a space for it on your menu this week? Pin it for later!
Here are a few other clean eating recipe your family will love:
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- This Is How We Roll Thursday Link Party #86 - October 20, 2016
- Why I have a Breast Cancer Awareness Christmas Tree - October 20, 2016
- Easy Mashed Sweet Potato Recipe – A Clean Eating Recipe - October 19, 2016