This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EffortlessMeals #CollectiveBias.
One goal of all Moms is to put a good meal on the table every night for their family. After all, feeding our family well is one of the many ways we show them how much we love them. So many of us are busy working, running errands, taking children to various actives and more, that it can be hard to spend hours in the kitchen preparing a meal that we know our family will love. Walmart can help you out.
Back to school time is such a busy time of the year and it can really take some adjusting to our schedules to get in the groove. The lazy, fun days of summer have shifted to the busy days of homework, teacher meetings and activities. Feeding our families great tasting, healthy, fresh meals can be a challenge.
What is a Mother to do? Well, I found an #Effortlessmeals solution and it is at a place most of us frequent on a regular basis – Walmart. It is so easy to pick up a full meal that your family will devour in no time. Your family will love the Rotisserie Chicken, side and a soda or the Market Fresh Pizza Meal and you will love the fact that you can spend more time relaxing with your loved ones. Walmart makes it easy to provide your family with healthy fresh options during back to school time.
On your next busy day, stop by Walmart and enter the doors by the Deli section. Look for the effortless meals signs. They are easy to find. I love the theme that these signs have – I know my meal will be effortless and cost less. That makes a frugal Mama like me very happy!
When I know my calendar will be super busy, I make a plan to get two meals out of one chicken. This saves me time, money and stress.
One Chicken – Two Meals. Here are my easy steps:
- Pick up a rotisserie chicken, side of potato salad, macaroni salad or cole slaw. I love that I can find them as soon as I walk in the door at Walmart.
- Set the table, place your Effortless Meal on the table.
- Call your family and enjoy.
- While your family is helping with the clean up, you can work on your second meal – Pumpkin Black Bean Chili.
- Chop the onions and peppers and place them and all of the other ingredients in large bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- In the morning, put the already prepared ingredients in your slow cooker, turn on low and go.
- When you get home that evening, dinner is ready.
- Call your family to dinner and enjoy another night of family relaxation.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can pumpkin
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 2 tsp. parsley flakes
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1½ tsp. oregano
- 1½ tsp. cumin
- 2-3 cups cooked, chopped chicken
- Put all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cook on low 5 hours or more.
Using one chicken to make two meals is such a time and stress saver. Want even less stress? Pick up a Marketside Pizza while you are there. They are in the same section as the chicken and who doesn’t love pizza?
How do you deal with those crazy, busy days? What is your #EffortlessMeals idea? Leave a message in the comment section, I look forward to reading about it.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Peppermint Meringues (Gluten Free) #ChristmasCookies - December 9, 2016
- This is How We Roll #93 - December 8, 2016
- Not your everyday Oatmeal Raisin Almond Cookies #ChristmasCookie - December 6, 2016