Old toothbrush going in the trash? Well, no more! I have 15 absolutely fantastic ways you can re-purpose old toothbrushes!
Welcome back to another edition of Feeding Big on Less Money. I love sharing my money saving tips and tricks with all of you! I hope you will take a few minutes to scroll to the bottom of this post and see what some other bloggers have shared! Do you have a great post with a frugal tip? Share it there too!
Now on with my list of 15 Way to Use an Old Toothbrush! By the way, want to get your old toothbrush nice and clean before you try any of these great ideas? Run it through the dishwasher when you wash your next load of dishes.
- Sinks and Tub – This is my favorite way to use an old toothbrush! I love being able to get those little places behind the faucets and in corners.
- Blinds – A soft toothbrush works wonders getting the dust of your blinds. If you need to wash your blinds, use your toothbrush to scrub them clean.
- Dog Toothbrush – I make sure all human toothpaste is off the brush and then scrub my pups teeth! If I dip it in some chicken broth, she is more likely to go along with it!
- Suede shoes – Brush your suede shoes and make them look like new. You may want to use a new brush for this, but if you clean your old one, it will work just fine.
- Brow brush – Get those brows in order! Again, you may want to use a new brush, but a clean older one will work.
- Artist brush – Old toothbrushes are so great for “flicking” paint! They clean up so easily also.
- Nail Brush – I keep an old toothbrush in my shower and in my gardening bucket! I can easily scrub dirt out from under my nails.
- Jewelry Cleaner – Soak your jewelry in ammonia or soapy water and use the toothbrush to scrub it till it shines!
- Shoe Treads – Need I say more? Who wants mud tracked through their house? Scrub that dried or fresh dirt right out of your sneakers or dress shoes.
- Hair brush – Use your old toothbrush to scrub out the dried hairspray, etc. that builds up on your hairbrush.
- Blow dryer – Scrub the lint and small particles of hair that collect at the vent of your hair dryer. Can Opener – old food will build up around the blade of a can opener, get in that little area with your toothbrush and soapy water. (Note – if you do this with an electric can opener, make sure you unplug it!)
- Spot Cleaner – Got spots on clothing or upholstery? Use your toothbrush to scrub that little stain away.
- Vents – Clean your air conditioning or heating vents. Keeping the dust off them will help the air flow better.
- Computer Key board – When your computer is powered down, lightly run the old toothbrush between the keys on the keyboard and get rid of the dust and crumbs that fall in there!
So there you have it. My 15 ways to use an old toothbrush. Please make sure you find a special place for these brushes. Label them well. I keep labeled containers under the bathroom and kitchen sink. No one wants to accidentally grab a toothbrush that was meant for the pup! If you have children, make sure you keep these re-purposed brushes out of their reach.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Healthy Fats should be a part of your diet - February 21, 2017
- Chicken soup for the cold, over 30 healthy recipes for your flu or cold - February 20, 2017
- Shrimp Jambalaya Recipe withCrispy Chicken Wings - February 17, 2017