I am so excited to share this great Monkey Cookie recipe with you and all of the members of the Fill The Cookie Jar facebook group!
First off,let me tell you about the Fill The Cookie Jar group on facebook. We are a group of bakers to love to make and eat cookies. Each month we have a different theme to keep in our minds while deciding what type of cookies to make!
This month the theme was Back To School/Kids Favorites. So many of you are getting your little monkey ready for school and what could be better then packing a lunch with some great cookies? I just know each and every child would look forward to lunch!
My daughter helped me to come up with this recipe. It is based on a peanut butter and chocolate chip cookie, but we decided to substitute peanut butter chips for the chocolate chips. The swap was great! These cookies have a light taste of banana and a strong but not overwhelming amount of peanut butter! Who wouldn’t love these?
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 6 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 ripe medium bananas, mashed
- 1 1/4 cups milk peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix the flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl and set aside. In another large bowl, whisk together cooled peanut butter and butter with both sugars until combined. Whisk in egg yolk and vanilla extract until smooth. Add in the mashed banana and mix until combined – mixture will not be smooth. Gradually add in the dry ingredients, mixing with a large spoon until a dough forms. Fold in peanut butter chips.
- Shape the dough into the size of a golfball and place on a nonstick baking sheet about 2 inches apart from each other. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- These are soft and chewy cookies because of the banana. I stored mine in the refrigerator for safe keeping.
Take a few minutes to visit all of the other members of the group! I can’t wait to see what everyone brought! See you soon! I am off to eat cookies and day dream about new recipes!
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Easy Creamed Corn made with cream cheese #FarmersMarketWeek - August 9, 2017
- Peach Bourbon Jam #FarmersMarketWeek - August 7, 2017
- How to Make Homemade Apple Juice.Easy, healthy and yummy - August 4, 2017