Menu Planning Made Simple Part 2 is all about the “How To” of meal planning. I will tell you right off, starting to Meal Plan will take you a little bit of time, but in a short while you will be planning meals like a pro! If you missed last week’s post on “Why” you should Menu Plan, you might want to stop by and read it first.
Of course, my ideas are just suggestions. Take what I do and make it your own. For instance, I love to find recipes from magazines – you may like to go to Pinterest or a favorite cookbook. Everyone who plans meals does it a little different.
Here is how I plan my weekly menu.
- Set aside about an hour a week that you can commit to on a regular basis (Sunday is my day)
- Print out a Menu Planning Sheet or create one of your own
- Grab your favorite cooking magazines cookbooks or stop by your favorite blog or Pinterest Board
- Enlist your families help – I am always surprised when I see dishes that my family members pick out. They are often things I would not think they would eat
- Have your calendar ready so you can check days that you have a busy schedule. Those days are perfect for slow cooker meals!
- Think about having a “theme” for certain nights. I know that Monday is meatless, Tuesday is chicken, Wednesday is Fish, Thursday is Vegetarian again, Friday and Saturday are family favorites (pizza, burgers, hot dogs) and Sunday is always a complete family meal at the dining room table!
- Write down where to find the recipe. I can’ t tell you how many times I have forgotten where I found the perfect recipe and had to take an hour to find it again!
There, that is not so bad is it? If you would like to print this list as a guideline, you can click HERE and it will take you to the straight to the document for you to print.
Here is a list of a few great Menu Planning forms that I have found and love:
Next week, I will share “Before Shopping” preparation. Are you ready?
If you enjoyed Menu Planning Made Simple Part 2 – How to Plan A Menu, make sure you stop by and read Menu Planning Made Simple Part 1 – Why To Plan A Menu.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- This Is How We Roll Thursday Link Party #86 - October 20, 2016
- Why I have a Breast Cancer Awareness Christmas Tree - October 20, 2016
- Easy Mashed Sweet Potato Recipe – A Clean Eating Recipe - October 19, 2016