Menu Plan Monday #51 is ready and I am pretty excited about this one. The summer days seem to be getting a bit shorter, but they are still hot. I mean hot!
This week I have decided to focus on light salads for dinner. It is just too hot to eat a warm meal, although I do have a couple on the menu. I will be making spaghetti sauce in the slow cooker. I love using my slow cooker in the summer – so much less work and the kitchen stays cool. Who doesn’t love a meal they can get ready and then walk away from?
I had a wonderful weekend and I hope you did too. Big and I went to see the movie The Minions. They are so stinking cute. I think I could take each one of them home. Sunday was spent pulling weeds in one of my flower beds. It is at the side of the house and get easily forgotten. It looks so good right now and I am vowing to take better care of it.
I also finished a good book I was reading. The author, Anne Perry, writes a series about a Constable in London who solves crimes in the Victorian times. It was the first time I read one of her books, but it won’t be the last. I have been making myself step away from blogging on a more regular basis. I get burned out if I don’t take time to do things for me. Reading is for me and I am enjoying it. What to you do to take time for yourself?
Here is what is on the menu this week:
- Monday: Quiche Lorraine (Meatless Monday), fresh fruit
- Tuesday: Spaghetti in the slow cooker, salad, Italian bread (a $5.00 meal)
- Wednesday: Shrimp Salad in an Avodado, fruit salad
- Thursday: Dirty Rice with Sausage, fresh green beans (a $5.00 meal)
- Friday: Apple Tuna Salad with greens
- Saturday: Hot Dogs on the grill, baked beans, corn on the cob
- Sunday: Cashew Chicken, rice, green salad
Do you menu plan? I have for so many years and I find that it really saves me time and money. Here are a couple of posts that will help you figure out how to menu plan.
This post is linked to OrgJunkie