Menu Plan Monday #50! I can’t believe I have hit 50 menu plans. Of course, I have made many more menus over the years. Menu planning has saved me so much time and money.
Yesterday was a busy and fun day. The day started with yard work (gotta love pulling weeds) and ended with a wonderful dinner of cheese enchiladas, black bean salad and pico de gallo and chips. The best part of the evening was that my daughter and her boyfriend came over for dinner and we played games. We have always been a family who loves to play games. Our first game was a new version of Operation. Hasbro has added some new body parts to the poor patient! One of the new parts is a cell phone that has to come out of his hand. I love playing a game that takes Big and I back to childhood.
The other game we played is Survivor. It was the first time we played it and I know it won’t be the last. In the game, you have to survive getting off an island and to the shore without being eaten by a serpent or a shark or knocked over my a whale. There are other obstacles too. It was a lot of fun.
We are in for another hot week, so my mornings will be filled with gardening. I am hoping to begin a few Christmas gifts in the afternoon. Before we know it, it will be Christmas!
Here is what is on the menu this week:
- Monday: Grilled Vegetable Frittata (Meatless Monday), fresh fruit
- Tuesday: Easy Baked Parmesan Tilapia, salad, watermelon (a $5.00 meal)
- Wednesday: Baked Chicken, corn on the cob, cornbread
- Thursday: Dirty Rice with Sausage, fresh green beans (a $5.00 meal)
- Friday: Hawaiian Barbecue Veggie Burger, fries, fruit salad
- Saturday: Homemade Pizza
- Sunday: Cashew Chicken, rice, green salad
Do you menu plan? I have for so many years and I find that it really saves me time and money. Here are a couple of posts that will help you figure out how to menu plan.
Want more money saving ideas? You may enjoy the article I wrote on Grocery Store Budget Busters or Healthy, Organic Food on a Budget. My friend Stacey from Positively Stacey wrote a great post on feeding her family for around $21 a day!
Check out the Pinterest page below to find some great Free printable menu planners.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Best Fruit Kabobs Ever #July4Recipes - June 27, 2017
- Oatmeal Breakfast Bar Recipe, with cherries (GF, Vegan) - June 26, 2017
- The best nachos recipe, Cowboy Nachos #SundaySupper - June 25, 2017