Menu Plan Monday #37. Is it all ready Monday? I have to admit we were so busy this weekend, that the day has snuck up on me. Sunday is my menu planning day and my budget day, but the weather was so nice, I spent most of the day outside gardening and enjoying the sun!
Sunday night saw me tired and sitting on the sofa! I was thinking about my menu! I don’t think that really counts thought.
This week we are supposed to have more nice days. We are also supposed to have some pretty rainy days. I will be in the garden on the nice days and in the kitchen on the rainy days. When the weather gets nicer, I try to cook a meal or two during the week that will give me enough leftovers for a freezer meal. That way, when I am too busy to cook, I can still feed my family a home cooked, from scratch dinner.
Menu Plan Monday dinners that I have planned for the week. Many of these meals come in under $5.00!
- Monday – (Meatless) Asparagus Quiche (asparagus are fresh and on sale!)
- Tuesday – Baked Tilapia, Roasted Carrots, Baked potato
- Wednesday – Spaghetti with Meat Sauce (Slow Cooker)
- Thursday – Grilled Hamburgers, Oven Fires, Cole Slaw
- Friday – Chicken salad sandwich, carrot sticks, strawberries
- Saturday – Nachos (tortilla chips, ground beef, corn, black beans, lettuce, cheese), pico de gallo
- Sunday – Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Lime, rice, grilled zucchini Lemon Cheesecake
Breakfast is usually cereal, toast and yogurt or fruit, oatmeal
Lunch may be leftovers, a large salad, a sandwich or soup
I am so glad you stopped by to see what we will be dining on this week. I hope my menu helps you to plan what you will make for your family.
Do you menu plan? If not, here a a few articles that will help you get on the menu planning track!
This menu plan is linked to Org Junkie
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Healthy Honey Oatmeal Cookies #BackToSchoolRecipes - July 19, 2017
- Bunnies in the Garden at lunch time #Backtoschoolrecipes - July 17, 2017
- Use fresh herbs for cooking, reasons why and a few recipes - July 13, 2017