Hello there and welcome back to another Menu Plan Monday #2! I am so excited to be here and share this week’s menu.
As you know, I have decided to feed my family of three on $300 a month. The $300 limit will feed us breakfast, lunch and dinner. Oh yes, there will be a couple of snacks also! I know there will be some of you who think this is a lot of money and there will be as many who think this is a small amount of money. For us, it will be a reduction in what we have been spending!
I am super excited about this and to be perfectly honest, a bit scared also! I really want to stick to the $300 limit – perhaps even go lower! Below you will find my dinner choices for the week. I will be doing my best to share the cost of each meal with you also. I want to make sure that all of my frugal family meals are great tasting and not just plane jane!
I will be creating a drop down list on the menu bar that will guide you to the whats, wheres and hows of menu planning and of my money saving. My Menu Plans may change a lot as I grow and learn more! I have begun a series on Menu Planning Made Simple- Part 1 is already up! You can read more about it HERE.
So, that being said, here is what my family will be eating this week for dinner.
Recipes with links:
There are a few of you who are wondering what we eat for breakfast and lunch. That really varies, but I will be adding it to the menu in the next week or so. I want to calculate the costs for myself and for you also. Here is a short list though.
- Oatmeal = .09 per serving (with raisins .15 per serving)
- Cereal with skim milk = .33 per serving
- Toast (2 slices homemade) = .16
- Fruit = .37 – .48 per serving (apples, oranges, bananas)
- Eggs -= .13 per egg
- Big eats leftovers for lunch, so the cost varies depending on what we had for dinner
- For Taylor Ann and I, we usually eat a salad or some soup. I am figuring out the cost of these as we go
- Fruit = .37 – .48 per serving
- Crackers (cost to come)
- Cookies (Cost to come)
- There will be more as I continue to follow my cost
I would love to hear what you will be serving your family this week!
Linking to Menu Planning at Organized Junkie