Meal Planning may seem difficult or time consuming to some, but it can be so easy and even fun! There are so many great benefits to planning out what your family will eat each week. Follow me through this series and you will soon be a meal planning pro!
I want to start out by telling you a little about meal planning and my family. I have planned menus for my little family of three for over 20 years. At first it was just to save money, but then it became about making sure a hot, well balanced meal was on the table every night. Taylor Ann, my daughter, was homeschooled and was also involved in Girl Scouts, 4-H, dance, taekwondo and various other activities. If I didn’t know what we would have for dinner, we often found ourselves going out or eating a PB&J sandwich! We have had friends drop by
How many of us have woke up in the morning and thought, “What is for dinner tonight?” and then got busy and forgot to take the chicken, fish, steak or whatever out of the freezer? I know I did it quiet a few times. What ended up happening was that we would go out to eat and spend almost a week’s budget on one meal! Spending that kind of money made me sick.
With just a few simple steps and not a lot of time, you can be a pro at meal planning. I will hold your hand and walk you through it. Please ask any questions you may have and I will either answer them or do my best to find the answer for you.
Let us start with the question, “WHY Meal Plan?”
- No worrying about what to eat for the week
- Less time spent grocery shopping (follow your list)
- Less money spent (check sales and use coupons)
- Eat a variety of meals (meatless, crockpot, frugal, from different countries, etc)
- Eat home cooked, healthy meals
- Enjoy more time with your family
So, what do you think? Are you ready to get to planning a menu? Come back next week for Part #2 of the series. I will share the “How To” section of meal planning.
In the mean time, I would love it if you would share any frugal tips and trick that you have posted about. This link party has gotten over 15000 hits in just over 6 months! I will pin each link and do my best to share them on other social media channels also!
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Peppermint Meringues (Gluten Free) #ChristmasCookies - December 9, 2016
- This is How We Roll #93 - December 8, 2016
- Not your everyday Oatmeal Raisin Almond Cookies #ChristmasCookie - December 6, 2016