Make green eggs and ham? Yes, you can, Sam I am. Get your kids in the kitchen and make this recipe for breakfast or an afternoon snack.
Getting your kids in the kitchen is so much fun and so educational too. I remember my daughter wanting to help me cook starting at about the age 3. Trust me, it was a mess in my kitchen, but we both laughed and had so much fun, it was worth it.
Dr. Suess was one of my daughter’s (and my) favorite authors. I kept all of my Dr. Suess books and passed them on to her. My daughter and I would snuggle up and read each of the books over and over. Her favorite book was Green Eggs and Ham. So, I decided to come up with a recipe for green eggs and ham.
MAKE GREEN EGGS AND HAM
It is quick and easy to make green eggs and ham recipe. This recipe is easily adaptable to your families taste.
Substitute the white cheddar with:
- Pepper Jack
Substitute the spinach with:
Other vegetables you can add or substitute:
- Zucchini (or other squash)
- Green onion
- Purple onion
Things your little ones can help with when you make green eggs and ham.
- Crack the eggs
- Whisk the eggs
- Pour the egg mixture in the muffin tin
- Sprinkle the cheese on top
MAKE GREEN EGGS AND HAM
Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast Muffins
Easy to make breakfast muffins. Clean/real food ingredients make these breakfast muffins healthy. They freeze well too.
- 1 TBL butter
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup ham finely chopped
- 1/4 cup white cheddar cheese save a little to sprinkle on top before baking
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350°F. Mist 6 cups of a standard muffin tin with cooking spray.
Place butter in a medium skillet, melt. Add onion and cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Add spinach and cook 1 minute more. Transfer cooked vegetables to a bowl; set aside to cool 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, whisk eggs, egg whites, 1/4 cup cheese (remember to save a little to sprinkle on top), ham and black pepper. Add vegetables to bowl and stir to combine. Divide egg mixture among prepared muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top. Bake until puffed up and lightly golden, about 17 minutes.
These breakfast muffins freeze well. Great for breakfast, lunch or a snack.
Make this green eggs and ham recipe for your kids, both big and small. They will love you for it!
Looking for more quick and easy breakfast recipes? How about these?
- Get Your Greens Smoothie by Hardly A Goddess
- Green Breakfast Omelet Bites by Momma’s Meals
- Green Scrambled Eggs with Ham by Cricket’s Confections
- Kuku Sabzi – Persian Herb Frittata by Caroline’s Cooking
- Matcha Overnight Oats by Brunch-n-Bites
- Southwest Breakfast Spinach Wrap by The Freshman Cook
- Super Green Smoothie by Simple and Savory
- Creamy Pistachio Frozen Yogurt by My Sweet Zepol
- Matcha Mint Coconut Candy by My Life Cookbook
- Sautéed Garlic and Parmesan Chicken With Spinach by My Sweet Savings
- Super Lime Bars by What Smells So Good?
- Gambian Spinach with Peanut Sauce by Tara’s Multicultural Table
Must Make Main Dishes
- Grilled Lettuce and Steak Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Pan Roasted Cod on Spinach Basil Risotto with Lemon Butter Sauce by Positively Stacey
- Poached Cod with Pesto Wine Sauce by Life Tastes Good
- Potato Leek Skillet Pizza by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Skinny Reuben Wraps with Homemade 1000 Island Dressing by For the Love of Food
- Tequila Chicken Salad by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Brussels Sprout and Kale Salad by Pies and Plots
- Green Goddess Bibb Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Pixie Dust Salad with Avocados, Pixie Tangerines and Radishes by Shockingly Delicious
- Sesame Wedge Salad with Key Lime Vinaigrette & Pickled Green Tomatoes by Gourmet Everyday
- Shades of Green Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Zucchini Carpaccio Salad by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Colcannon by Wholistic Woman
- Green Goddess Dip by From the Bookshelf
- Grilled Cabbage with Spicy Lime Dressing by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Irish Cabbage by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Miso Roasted Broccoli by Life Currents
- Pistachio Parmesan Oven Fries by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Quinoa Tabbouleh by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts by Books n’ Cooks
- Soy Glazed Sugar Snap Peas by Food Lust People Love
- Spinach Tots by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Warm Brussels Sprout Slaw by Jersey Girl Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Join the challenge
Subscribe to get the 10 day Clean Eating for Health Challenge content by email.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Easy Creamed Corn made with cream cheese #FarmersMarketWeek - August 9, 2017
- Peach Bourbon Jam #FarmersMarketWeek - August 7, 2017
- How to Make Homemade Apple Juice.Easy, healthy and yummy - August 4, 2017