The warmer weather is here and my family is frequently on the lookout for something to cool them down.
Giving them a snack or beverage that is healthy and full of good ingredients is important to me. It is also important that I do my best to use produce that is in season.
Pineapple is in season right now, so I have been creating recipes that use them up. Buying fresh pineapple is the best, but at times I will opt for frozen.
When you want to make a pineapple smoothie, this recipe is really the best. You can switch things about a bit, depending on what you have in your home.
For instance, the recipe calls for pure maple syrup. Don’t have any? Try using an equal amount of local honey. If you are lucky enough to get a super sweet pineapple, you may not need an additional sweetener.
Why make a pineapple smoothie?
- It taste good!
- You get vitamins and minerals your body needs
- You will get fiber that your body needs
- A good amount of protein
- Keep you hydrated in the warmer weather
Thanks to Delicious Living magazine for allowing me to share this great Pineapple-Spinach Smoothie recipe with you. You can head over to the magazine and read more great articles.
If you are someone who follows a gluten free or vegetarian diet and you want to make a pineapple smoothie, this green pineapple smoothie recipe is for you. Creamy and delicious. Perfect for summer.
Pineapple - Spinach Smoothie
- 1 cup coconut milk (from the refrigerated section, such as Silk brand, not canned)
- 1 cup lightly packed baby spinach
- ½ cup plain , whole-milk Greek yogurt
- ½ cup frozen pineapple
- ½ medium , frozen, sliced banana (about ½ cup)
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
Place coconut milk and spinach in a blender. Process on high until greens are finely blended. Add yogurt, frozen pineapple, frozen banana, hemp seeds and maple syrup, if using, and blend until smooth. Serve immediately (or drink half and store half in the fridge for a midmorning snack).
Looking for more refreshing drinks for the warmer weather? Take a look at these recipes.
Get your Free copy of 5 recipes for fresh produce in June
Share your email and grab this free recipe ebook. You will also get my free weekly newsletters filled with clean eating recipes and clean living ideas.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Peach Bourbon Jam #FarmersMarketWeek - August 7, 2017
- How to Make Homemade Apple Juice.Easy, healthy and yummy - August 4, 2017
- Healthy Honey Oatmeal Cookies #BackToSchoolRecipes - July 19, 2017