Lemonade and summer are a perfect match. When it is hot outside, all I want is an ice cold drink that will quench my thirst! This delicious beverage is perfect because it is sweet and tart at the same time!
I used to be a big fan of “instant” lemonade. I always thought I didn’t have the time to make home made. Well, I was wrong.
There is nothing difficult about heating up water and sugar and adding it to some lemon juice and water! That is all there is to it! It takes about 10 minutes to make. I think it took me that long to get the powder in the “instant” version to dissolve!
Kids can help in the kitchen when you are making this wonderful beverage. They can juice the lemons, while an adult heats the water and makes the syrup.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 to 4 cups cold water (to dilute)
- Make the simple syrup by heating the sugar and water in a small saucepan until the sugar is dissolved completely. Let cool a little.
- While the sugar is dissolving, use a juicer to get the lemon juice from about 4 to 6 lemons.
- Add the juice and the sugar water to a pitcher. Add the additional 3 to 4 cups of cold water, more or less to the desired strength. Refrigerate 30 to 40 minutes.
- Adjust to your taste by adding more sugar or lemon
Marlys from This and That shared a recipe for Basil Strawberry Lemonade
Little House Living shared a recipe for her families favorite and a Pioneer favorite.
Now Things Are Cookin Shared a recipe
One More Time Events shared a great recipe for Strawberry Lemonade and Lemon Cookies
Have you ever tried McDonalds Lemonade? Here is a copy cat recipe from Just Like June that is just great!
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Best Fruit Kabobs Ever #July4Recipes - June 27, 2017
- Oatmeal Breakfast Bar Recipe, with cherries (GF, Vegan) - June 26, 2017
- The best nachos recipe, Cowboy Nachos #SundaySupper - June 25, 2017