Lavender Tea Bread is a wonderful addition to your Tea Time or an anytime.
I homeschooled my daughter through high school and we used to have, what we lovingly called, “Tea Time Tuesday”. It was a wonderful way for us to spend time together discussing literature and sharing a cup of tea and a sweet treat!
We don’t have Tea Time as often as we did, she is now a young woman with a job and a life away from home, but we do try to get together at least once a month. I love setting the table with special cups and a favorite tea pot. Finding a new recipe to bake is a great treat. Savory items are often a part of our tea time as well.
At our most recent Tea Time, I made this Lavender Tea Bread. The aroma when it is baking is divine. With just a hint of lavender this bread is rich and buttery. I am not sure if you remember or not, but not too long ago I made Lavender Shortbread Cookies. I think the next time I make lavender tea bread, I will add a lemon glaze.
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 Tablespoons Culinary Grade dried lavender
- 6 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Grease and flour a 9X5 inch loaf pan.
- Combine the milk and lavender in a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat to a simmer, then remove from heat, and allow to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg until the mixture is light and fluffy. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture alternately with the milk and lavender until just blended. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a wooden pick inserted into the crown of the loaf comes out clean. Coll in the pan on a wire rack.
- If you have fresh culinary lavender, double it and chop it before adding to the milk.
Do you ever have Tea Time? If you do, I would love to hear what your favorite sweet or savory treats are.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- This is How We Roll Link Party #104 - February 23, 2017
- Healthy Fats should be a part of your diet - February 21, 2017
- Chicken soup for the cold, over 30 healthy recipes for your flu or cold - February 20, 2017