Cream Cheese Squares are easy and quick to make. They are rich and buttery and really remind me of a Cheese Danish. Of course, I had to have a piece as soon as it cooled off! This morning I had a little square with my first cup of coffee! If there is any left tomorrow, I may heat a piece up and add a little jam!
Did you know that cream cheese is the most widely consumed cheese in America? It’s soft and creamy texutre gives a richness to appetizers, main dishes and desserts such as this Cream Cheese Square. I don’t know about you, but I always have cream cheese in my refrigerator!
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls, divided
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Unroll 1 of the cans of crescent dough. Press onto bottom of greased 13 X 9 baking pan to form crust, firmly pressing seams together to seal.
- Beat cream cheese, vanilla, egg and 1/2 cup of the sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Spread onto crust.
- Unroll the remaining can of crescent dough onto a large sheet of wax paper. Pat out dough to form a 13 X 9 inch rectangle, pressing seams together to seal.
- Invert over cream cheese mixute to form the top crust; discard wax paper.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown. Combine remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; sprinkle over squares before cutting.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Enjoy summer with friends and pizza - August 19, 2017
- Julia Childs Roast Chicken, the best you will have #JuliaChild - August 15, 2017
- Chocolate Cake Mug Recipe - August 14, 2017