How to make a cheese omelet – the easy way of course. I have tried making an omelet the standard way and I find that I fail more often than I succeed.
This Picante Omelet Pie is a no fail omelet and a great dish for brunch or for dinner. Big and I plan our menu for each week and we have a goal that we eat meatless for at least 3 dinner meals a week.
This easy egg bake is one that we really love. There are so few ingredients involved and the dish takes about 10 minutes to make.
I have made this dish with various types of picante sauce. I really enjoy making it with a green chile sauce, but Big prefers the red sauce. I have even used some fresh Pico De Gallo that I had left over.
How to make a cheese omelet the easy way:
- 1/4 cup picante sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Cabot Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cabot Sharp Cheddar cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup (8 oz.) sour cream
- Cilantro, for topping (optional)
- Pour the picante sauce into a lightly greased 9 inch pie pan. Sprinkle with cheese. Set aside.
- In a blender, combine the eggs and sour cream. Blend until smooth and pour over cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
- Garnish with cilantro if desired.
You can easily make this recipe your own by switching up the types of cheese you use. Since both Big and I love a little heat to our dishes, we used pepper jack cheese. You can double the amount of cheddar or even use a monterey jack cheese.
I love making this Picante Omelet Pie when we have company or when I am headed to a pot luck. I can promise you that you will be the hit of any pot luck or brunch when you serve them this dish.
Make sure you take some time to see what the other great home cooks have been making for #BrunchWeek. Also, don’t forget to enter to win some fabulous prizes from our sponsors. Enter
- Aperol Cocktails by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Grapefruit Rosemary Mocktails by Sweet Beginnings
- Teh Tarik (Malaysian Pulled Tea) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains and Pastries:
- Homemade Crumpets by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Apple Cinnamon Scones with Salted Caramel Drizzle by Family Around the Table
- Cannoli French Toast by Cooking In Stilettos
- Cinnamon Cobblestone Bread by My Catholic Kitchen
- Orange Popvers by The Chef Next Door
- Pretzel Bagels with Roasted Jalapeno Cream Cheese by The Texan New Yorker
- Strawberries and Cream Sweet Rolls by The Redhead Baker
- Yeast Waffles with Fried Apples by Love & Confections
BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables and Sides:
- Apple Fritters by The Suburban Soapbox
BrunchWeek Egg Dishes:
- Caramelized onion, Bacon, and Cheddar Egg Tart by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Breakfast Quesadillas with Bacon and Cheesy Eggs by Casa de Crews
- Chorizo Egg Breakfast Skillet by Brunch-n-Bites
- Crab Souffle by A Day in the LIfe on the Farm
- Ham, Egg and Cheese Crepes by From Gate to Plate
- Picante Omlette Pie by Feeding Big and more
- Slow Cooker Ham, Cheese, and Veggie Breakfast Casserole by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
BrunchWeek Main Dishes:
- Curried Fish Tacos by Nik Snacks
- Ham and Mushroom Strata by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mini Croque Monsieurs by Making Miracles
- Roman Breakfast Sandwich by Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Chicken Salad by The Barbee Housewife
- Yogurt-Marinated Pesto Lamb Lollipops by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Gluten Free Citrus Pastries by Gluten Free Crumbley
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Red Star Yeast, Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, Vidalia Onion Committee, Sage Fruits, Nielsen-Massey, KitchenIQ, and Le Creuset for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek. All opinions are my own.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Peppermint Meringues (Gluten Free) #ChristmasCookies - December 9, 2016
- This is How We Roll #93 - December 8, 2016
- Not your everyday Oatmeal Raisin Almond Cookies #ChristmasCookie - December 6, 2016