Homemade Laundry soap recipes have been floating around the web for quite a while now. I am sure you have seen at least one of them.
As part of the Living Big on Less Money Series, I wanted to share my recipe for homemade Laundry soap and have a little giveaway!
First to detergent making – the items needed are: Fels-Naptha Laundry Bar & Stain Remover, Borax and Arm & Hammer Super Washing Powder. As you can see, the powdered ingredients have already been opened. Today was my second time using these items and there is enough for at least one more batch!
All three of these products are great on their own. Put them together and you have one powerhouse cleaner. Whites seem to really come out whiter with these ingredients. I don’t use bleach, so I hang my whites in the sun for a natural way to get my whites even brighter.
The Fels-Naptha bar is the best thing for getting tough stains out. I always have a little next to my washing machine and when I see a stain, I scrub it with the Purex bar and then wash as normal. The stain is always gone! Funny thing, I showed my MIL, who was here for a short time, the Fels-Napthta and she said, “Oh My Gosh, my Mother used to use that! She loved it!” My MIL is 80 years old, so imagine how long this great product has been around.
- 1 Bar (14 oz) Fels-Naptha
- 2 C Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda (make sure it says “Super Washing Soda”)
- 2 C Borax
- Blender/Food Processor (or regular fine grater)
- Cut the Soap into pieces for the food processor/blender.
- Use the finest chopping blade available and grind the soap up, making the pieces as small as possible. If you don't have a food processor, you can use a hand grater.
- Add the 2 Cups of Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda to the grated soap.
- Add the 2 Cups of Borax.
- Mix everything as much as possible with a large spoon - I use my hand.
- Transfer the mixture into an airtight jar or container.
- Use ⅛ Cup of the mixture for normal loads and ¼ Cup for heavily soiled clothes.
Now to the good part – the giveaway! I have a bar of Fels-Naptha and three coupons worth 1 Free bar of Fels-Naptha for one lucky winner. That means you will have 4 free bars of this great stain remover.
Purex provided me with a sample of Purex Fels-Naptha Laundry Bar in exchange for a product review. However, all of the opinions expressed here are my own.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Grilled Cajun Chicken #RecipeMakover - April 25, 2017
- Recipe Makeover, 40+ bloggers sharing healthy recipes and a giveaway - April 24, 2017
- Mexican Corn and Shrimp Skillet, ready in about 15 minutes - April 24, 2017