Healthy Triple Berry Granola Bars are my contribution to the Fill the Cookie Jar Facebook group this month.
Fill the cookie jar is a group of women who love to bake and share great recipes. We pick a theme each month and back cookies or bars based on that. I love seeing what my baking friends share. We all have such different ideas of what the theme means to us. This month out these was children’s favorites/back to school.
Healthy triple berry granola bars are so chewy and delicious, I know they would be the perfect after school snack. I even think they could be eaten on the run when you are heading off to school or to work. There is a low amount of sugar in the bars, so I don’t really worry about that. The dried fruit in the bar gives them a natural sweetness and lends a chewiness to the granola bars.
I had a package of triple berries, so that is what I used. I think the next time I make them, I will use cranberries. I love the tartness of cranberries and think the taste would be great. You could also easily use different seeds than I did. I used a combination of pipettes (pumpkin seeds) and sunflower seeds.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 2/3 cups dried mixed berries
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Toast the rolled oats, sunflower seeds and pepitas in a 350 oven for 10 minutes.
- In large bowl, melt butter with brown sugar, honey, vanilla and salt until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the oat/nut mixture and fruit. Stir until all of the oatmeal is covered with the liquid. Pour mixture in a foil lined 9 X 13 pan and press the mixture down. Bake until lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan for about 20 minutes, take the foil out of the pan and slice.
I really hope you give these healthy triple berry granola bars a try. They make the perfect after school snack, quick breakfast on the run, lunch time treat or any time treat. With a few ingredients and not much time, you can make a healthy snack for your family.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- This is How We Roll Link Party #104 - February 23, 2017
- Healthy Fats should be a part of your diet - February 21, 2017
- Chicken soup for the cold, over 30 healthy recipes for your flu or cold - February 20, 2017