Healthy pumpkin oatmeal in the slow cooker is a perfect breakfast, in my humble opinion.
Mornings are not my favorite time of the day. When I wake up, I have a cup of coffee or two before I even begin to think about speaking to anyone. Figuring out what to have for breakfast is the furthest thing from my mind in the morning.
Since I am not much of a morning person, I try to plan out my families breakfast the night before. One of their favorite breakfasts on the weekend is overnight french toast or Italian Sausage Strata.
Here is how to make Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal in the Slow Cooker:
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 cups Steel Cut Oats
- 1 can Organic Pumpkin Puree (15 ounces)
- 3½ cups Water
- 3½ cups Whole Milk
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- ¼ cup Organic Brown Sugar (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 1½ teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Grease the inside of a slow cooker with the softened butter.
- Add remaining ingredients to the slow cooker, stir until well combined.
- Cover with the lid and cook on low for 6 hours.
- ** I cover my slow cooker with a cotton dish towel before I put the lid on. The dishtowel absorbs all of the water so you don't get extra liquid in your oatmeal.
When you have all of your ingredients stirred and you are ready to turn on the slow cooker and place the lid on it – take a moment to cover the pot with a cotton dish towel. Then put the lid on.
Doing this will keep the condensation that forms on the inside of the lid from getting in your oatmeal.
I know you will love this healthy pumpkin oatmeal recipe, but just in case you are looking for more pumpkin recipes, check these out.
Adorable Turkey Crust Pumpkin Pie from Kudos Kitchen by Renee.
Amish Pumpkin Roll from Palatable Pastime.
Double Pumpkin Gnocchi from Caroline’s Cooking.
Gigi’s Spiced Pumpkin Pecan Bread from Family Around The Table.
Lisa’s Pumpkin Soup from Cooking With Carlee.
Mini Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecakes from The Crumby Cupcake.
Pecan Pumpkin Cobbler from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks.
Pumpkin Bread from The Freshman Cook.
Pumpkin Bread with Maple Glaze from Making Miracles.
Pumpkin Brulee Tart from The Redhead Baker.
Pumpkin Cookies with Butter Rum Icing from Grumpy’s Honeybunch.
Pumpkin Creme Brulee from Love and Confections.
Pumpkin Glazed Bacon from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen.
Pumpkin Laksa from Culinary Adventures with Camilla.
Pumpkin Milkshake from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Pumpkin Muffins from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings.
Pumpkin Pretzel Bites from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures.
Pumpkin Spice Affogato from The Bitter Side of Sweet.
Pumpkin Spice Granola from The Chef Next Door.
Spiced Pumpkin Cider from Gluten Free Crumbley
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- This is How We Roll Link Party #104 - February 23, 2017
- Healthy Fats should be a part of your diet - February 21, 2017
- Chicken soup for the cold, over 30 healthy recipes for your flu or cold - February 20, 2017