Ham and cheese sliders were something we tried for the first time over the Christmas holidays. I had purchased a large spiral sliced ham for Christmas dinner and we had a lot of leftovers. Big found this recipe and we have used it many times over since then.
We love playing games and when our daughter was younger, we played games at least 2 times a month, sometimes more. A few of our favorite family games are Monopoly, Apples to Apples and Cranium. To me, you can’t have a great game night without finger foods.
Of course we always have veggie slices, fruit and chips and dip on our game nights. I think there needs to be at least one finger food that will stick to your ribs. We often have homemade pizza or pigs in a blanket or these sliders.
Here is how to make the ham and cheese sliders:
Ham and cheese sliders
- 12 Hawaiian Rolls or Sweet Slider Rolls Split
- 12 slices Ham cut in 1/4's
- 6 slices swiss cheese cut in 1/4's
- 4 TBL real butter
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp poppy seeds
Pre-heat oven to 350
Spray a glass baking dish with the cooking spray.
Lay the bottom half of the roll in the baking dish (they will be close together), top with a slice of ham and two slices of swiss cheese. Place the top of the roll on the meat and cheese. Repeat until you have all 12 rolls in the pan.
In a small bowl place the butter, brown sugar, dijon mustard, and worcestershire sauce. Microwave about 30 - 60 seconds or until butter is melted. Stir well.
Add the poppy seeds and stir again.
Brush some of the butter mixture on top of the rolls and the drizzle the rest of it over the rolls.
Bake for about 10 minutes. Check to see if the cheese is melted. I often have to bake mine another 10 minutes or so.
*Cooking time may depend on how close the rolls are to each other.
The ham and cheese sliders that I make for my family are made with swiss cheese. You could also substitute cheddar or even a provolone. To me, there is nothing better than a classic ham and cheese sandwich.
Kings Hawaiian rolls were used to make this batch of sliders, but I have used pepperidge farms rolls too. They now make a sweet roll that tastes much like the Kings Hawaiian rolls. I think the sweetness of the bread adds to the flavor of the sandwich.
Make sure you stop by to see what the other Sunday Supper Home Cooks have created in their kitchen.
- Artichoke Jalapeno Bruschetta by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Bacon Wrapped Dates by Our Good Life
- Baked Blue Cheese Olive Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Baked Chicken Flautas by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Baked Piroshki (Russian Stuffed Rolls) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Blue Cheese & Buffalo Chicken Wonton Bites by Moore or Less Cooking
- Caprese Polenta Cakes by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Cherry Topped Brie Bites by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chicken Pesto Pizza by Taste And See
- Classic Homemade Guacamole by Pies and Plots
- Fresh Vegetable Rainbow Rolls by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Italian Fried Stuffed Olives by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Kabobs by Hardly A Goddess
- Mini Feta Leek Quiche by FoodieTots
- Mini Mediterranean Shish Kebabs by Hey What’s for Dinner Mom?
- Pan Seared Bruschetta by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Raspberry Glazed Chicken Wings by Family Around The Table
- Sesame Chicken Fingers by An Appealing Plan
- Spicy Popcorn Chicken by Brunch-n-Bites
- Battered-dipped Turkey Tenders by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Beef Wellington Bites by Food Lust People Love
- Broccoli, Ham and Cheese Egg Muffin Cups by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Broccoli, Ham & Cheese Double Stuffed Potatoes by Simply Healthy Family
- Cheesy Baked Garlic Chicken Strips by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Cuban Sandwiches by My World Simplified
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders by The Chef Next Door
- Ethiopian Injera and Tikel Gomen (cabbage, carrots and potato) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Fish fingers and Old Bay Dip by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Crunchy-Coated Haddock Fingers by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Mini Pizza Pockets by The Freshman Cook
- Mini Pizzas by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Ribs with Whiskey Maple Barbecue Sauce by Palatable Pastime
- Savory Beef and Veggie Hand Pies by Positively Stacey
- Spinach-Feta Rolls by Wholistic Woman
- Lasagna Cupcakes by A Mind Full Mom
- Tacos in Lettuce Wraps by Simple and Savory
- Thai Basil Chicken Lettuce Wraps by Casa de Crews
- Thai-Indian Beef Lettuce Cups by The Texan New Yorker
- Vegetarian Piadina Sandwich by she loves biscotti
- Yuca Fritters Stuffed with Cheese by Basic N Delicious
- Blueberry and Brie Tarts by Momma’s Meals
- Roasted Strawberry Hand Pies by Baking Sense
- Salted Caramel Cream Puffs by The Redhead Baker
Plus Bite-sized Pavlovas and More Finger Food Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Peach Bourbon Jam #FarmersMarketWeek - August 7, 2017
- How to Make Homemade Apple Juice.Easy, healthy and yummy - August 4, 2017
- Healthy Honey Oatmeal Cookies #BackToSchoolRecipes - July 19, 2017