This is a sponsored post. All opinions are 100% my own.
The holidays are coming and I am busy planning what will be on our dinner table for Thanksgiving. I always know there will be a few favorites. I think my family would be very disappointed if they didn’t see the regulars on the table. Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes and green bean casserole make their showing every year. It is part of our tradition.
As a foodie, I am always trying out and making new recipes. At times I get tired of making the same recipe over and over. This year, I decided to create a new green bean casserole. I wanted to put a little “twist” on the standard, well-loved dish.
Fearing that my family would protest if they didn’t see our standard green bean casserole on Thanksgiving, I decided to try out my new version on a weeknight. I knew that it had to be quick, easy and full of protein. My family, like so many others, is busy and I want a satisfying meal on the table in a hurry.
I dropped by Walmart to pick up the Del Monte® Green Beans, Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup and French’s® Crispy Fried Onions. I always know I can find what I need for any recipe at Walmart.
When I past by the meat department, I knew what I would make. I picked up a pound of ground beef and then popped by the produce department for some potatoes. I was so excited to create this recipe, I began on it as soon as I got home.
I decided to call it Green Bean and Beef Pie Casserole. It was so delicious and it was the perfect meal for a busy night. Want to know the best thing about this dish? We can have our favorite Green Bean Casserole any night.
- 1 can Del Monte® French Cut Green Beans
- 1 can Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 container of French’s® Crispy Fried Onions
- 1 pound ground beef
- 5 or 6 potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º
- In a large saucepan, boil water and cook the potatoes until done.
- When the potatoes are done, drain.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes with the milk and butter. Adding salt and pepper to taste.
- In the same saucepan, fry ground beef until cooked, breaking into pieces as you go. Add the Campbell's® cream of mushroom soup and the Del Monte® Green beans. Add salt and pepper to taste. Turn off heat.
- In a large pie pan, spread the mashed potatoes, going up the sides. You will want it to look like a pie crust.
- Pour the beef mixture on the potatoes and spread evenly. Top with the French's® Crispy Onions.
- Bake at 35º for about 25 minutes or until the beef mixture is bubbly.
This is an easy recipe and doesn’t take a lot of time. I am sure it will become a new favorite for your family. Next time you’re in Walmart, go look at the screens by the green bean casserole display at the end of the aisle. Walmart is picking the best of the ideas given by people like you and me to show right there in the store! If you see mine, let me know with a post or a tweet! Make sure to go to thisismytwist.com to see everyone’s suggested twists!
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- This is How We Roll Thursday Link Party #99 - January 19, 2017
- Lentil soup with squash and kale; a vegetarian one pot meal - January 16, 2017
- Cinnamon Honey Sweet Potato Chips, a clean eating recipe - January 13, 2017