Gluten free pumpkin cornbread is totally new to me. We loved it so much, it will become a regular on our menu.
Recently, we found out that Big has Hashitoxicosis. That is a crazy mix between high and low thyroid. At times her thyroid functions normally but then it decided to take a little vacation and go south to slow down or north to get hyped up.
Because of her thyroid issue, I am working hard to get gluten out of our diets. We are doing it in baby steps.
We are eating more clean foods and real foods and that has made a difference in our health. Now that I have Big on board the no processed foods train, I am slowly moving her to gluten free.
Shh…. don’t tell her this cornbread is gluten free. I don’t think she knew it when she devoured it. I certainly won’t tell her. I am sure your family will never know when you make it for them either!
These are super simple answers to a couple of questions you may have. There are many, many resources out there that can explain it better than I can. There are also many bloggers who focus on gluten free.
What is gluten:
- Gluten is a protein composite found in several types of grains, including wheat, spelt, rye and barley.
- Gluten consists of two proteins – gliadin and glutenin. It is the gliadin that people react negatively to.
Why gluten free?
- When gluten reaches the digestive tract and is exposed to the cells of the immune system, they mistakenly believe that it is coming from some sort of foreign invader, like a bacteria.
- In certain people who are sensitive to gluten, this causes the immune system to mount an attack against it.
How do I make Gluten Free Pumpkin Cornbread?
- 1 packages Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Cornbread Mix
- 1 1/2 cups of whole milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canned organic pumpkin
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Grease a large pie pan with butter, set aside
- Place cornbread mix in a large bowl. Add milk, egg, pumpkin and butter. Mix until well blended. Then mix vigorously for about 30 seconds more.
- Pour batter into prepared pie pan. Bake until golden brown, approximately 30 minutes. Test with a toothpick - when it comes out clean, the cornbread is ready.
I know you love this Gluten Free Pumpkin Cornbread, but you may be craving more recipes.
Cheese Ravioli with Pumpkin Cream Sauce from The Chef Next Door
Chocolate Chip and Pumpkin Empanadas from Caroline’s Cooking
Gluten Free Pumpkin Crepe Cake from Gluten Free Crumbley
Kabak Tatlisi from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Mexican Braised Pumpkin with Pork from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Pumpkin Bread Pudding from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Pumpkin Cheesecake Cream Puffs from Cooking With Carlee
Pumpkin Churros from The Redhead Baker
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
Pumpkin Cranberry Bread from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Pumpkin Hummus from The Freshman Cook
Pumpkin Layer Cake with Brown Butter Cream Cheese from The Crumby Cupcake
Pumpkin Madeleines from Family Around The Table
Pumpkin Mashed Potatoes from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal from Love and Confections
Pumpkin Pierogies with Brown Butter Sauce from Palatable Pastime
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice latte with Rum Chata from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Whipped Cinnamon Pumpkin Honey Butter from Making Miracles
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Not your everyday Oatmeal Raisin Almond Cookies #ChristmasCookie - December 6, 2016
- How to Make the Most Delicious Eggnog Scones #SundaySupper - December 4, 2016
- Need more sleep?How to do it and why you should - December 2, 2016