Fruit Salad with orange and honey glaze, a new family favorite.
I recently linked arms with a group of food bloggers and joined a group called “The Salad Bar.” Each month we will make a salad with a special ingredient(s).
This month our special ingredients were strawberries and raspberries. I was so excited to learn that these were our two special items. Fruit salads and green salads are always welcome on our table, especially in the summer.
If you are a regular to my blog, you know that we belong to a CSA. Lately we have been getting a lot of strawberries. Last week, we got raspberries for the first time this season! Is this a sign or what?
- 1 cup fresh Blueberries
- 1 cup fresh Raspberries
- 1 cup fresh Strawberries (sliced)
- 2 Tablespoons concentrated Orange Juice
- 2 - 4 Tablespoons Honey
- Place blueberries, raspeberries and sliced strawberries in a medium sized bowl.
- In another bowl, mix concentrated orange juice and honey*.
- Drizzle orange juice/honey mixture over fruit and mix lightly.
- Serve as is. Could also be used over french toast, pancakes or ice cream.
- *I started with 2 Tablespoons of honey and added as needed. Sweetness is up to you.
If you are looking for a salad with greens, I recently posted a recipe for a Creamy Strawberry Salad Dressing. I used it on a salad of mixed greens, feta cheese and pecans. It was wonderful!
I hope you will take a few minutes to visit the ladies who are a part of “The Salad Bar” and see what they have created with Strawberries and Raspberries.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Lentil soup with squash and kale; a vegetarian one pot meal - January 16, 2017
- Cinnamon Honey Sweet Potato Chips, a clean eating recipe - January 13, 2017
- This Is How We Roll Thursday #98 - January 12, 2017