With the holidays fast approaching, I am busy thinking of my Christmas shopping list. I know I can hunt the stores for sales, use coupons and make homemade gifts in order to save money. What about the wrapping? Have you seen the price of gift wrapping paper, bows and cards? It is just crazy!
In an effort to reduce my waste and continue my frugal living, I came up with a great way to make a frugal gift box. I just love frugal gift wrapping, don’t you? It didn’t cost me much and it also didn’t take me very long to pull it together. (We all know that at this time of the year, we seem to be on a shortage of time and money!)
- Oatmeal Container (can use other container with a lid, think coffee container, etc.)
- Wrapping Paper
- Tape or hot glue (I used tape, I think hot glue would have worked better when tucking in the top and bottom)
- Pull the wrapper off the Oatmeal Container
- Cut your wrapping paper to size
- Wrap the Oatmeal Container with the gift wrap, tape in place
- Fold the wrapping paper to the inside of the oatmeal container and tape/glue – do the same to the bottom
- Fill it with goodies!
- Put the lid on, top it with a bow (I stink at homemade bows, so I will leave mine plain)
Here are a couple other great gift packages. You could easily make them from items around your house!
Repurposed Sweater Sleeve Gift Bag by Orgainzed 31
Santa Treat Box by Organized 31
Need a great cookie to put in the box? How about these:
So now it is your turn to share your frugal posts!
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Butterfly Feeder Tutorial with Feeding Big - March 24, 2017
- This Is How We Roll #108 - March 23, 2017
- Vitamin C Supplement benefits are many, add it to your day - March 21, 2017