This easy fresh green bean recipe, will become a favorite and they will be begging for more. This roasted green bean recipe is super healthy and easy to make.
Do you have little ones who don’t want to eat yucky vegetables? Do they shove them around on the plate? Don’t worry, this recipe will change their minds and they will gobble these green beans up.
EASY FRESH GREEN BEAN RECIPE
When my daughter was younger, I struggled to get her to try a new vegetable recipe. She loved corn and wanted it for every meal. I love cooking and, trust me, making corn as a side dish every night was just not something I wanted to do. In an effort to get her to try, and hopefully fall in love with a different vegetable, I tried many recipes.
One of the reasons I love this green bean recipe so much is because it is so versatile. Here is a list of some add ons that your family may like:
- Mushrooms (this is a family favorite in my home)
- Sesame seeds
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
Get your young ones involved in the making of this recipe. They will be so proud to show off their kitchen skills. I bet they will eat more of their green beans too!
Ways children can help make this easy fresh green bean recipe:
- Snap the ends off the green beans
- Line the cookie sheet
- Mix the green beans, butter and garlic
- Spread the garlic green bean mixture on the cookie sheet
Now that my daughter is older and her taste has changed, she has many favorite vegetable recipes. She loves broccoli apple salad with tahini dressing. It is a broccoli recipe with a healthy twist. We love the sweet and tart tahini dressing.
Easy Fresh Green Beans
Fresh green beans roasted in the oven. On the table in around 20 minutes.
- 1 pound green beans rinsed and ends cut or snapped off
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 cloves of garlic (pressed or chopped)
- 1 onion chopped (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400°
Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, melt the butter in the microwave.
Add the green beans, garlic, onions and stir well.
Place the green bean mixture on the parchment paper. Add salt and pepper.
Bake for about 5 - 8 minutes and then flip the green beans and bake another 5 - 8 minutes.
We love these beans with a little char on them, but you don't have to have them that way. Just take them out of the oven sooner.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Healthy Honey Oatmeal Cookies #BackToSchoolRecipes - July 19, 2017
- Bunnies in the Garden at lunch time #Backtoschoolrecipes - July 17, 2017
- Use fresh herbs for cooking, reasons why and a few recipes - July 13, 2017