Easy cornbread with creamed corn is a quick and frugal side for those nights when you have chili or soup. These muffins are full of bits of corn and are moist and delicious. I even love them for breakfast. This post shares not only the recipe I use, but also some of the items I use for this recipe. If you click on one of the highlighted links you will end up at another one of my recipes or an affiliate link. If you purchase something from an affiliate link, I will make a small commission. Thank you!
Cornbread is one of these sides that are a must when you have soups, stews or chili. I have been known to make cornbread for breakfast too. I remember my father using leftover cornbread as a breakfast cereal. He would add a little sugar and milk – I love it that way also. My daughter has gotten used to eating it that way too.
- 1 1/4 cup plain cornmeal
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar (use less if you like your cornbread not sweet)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher slat
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 stick (1/2 cups) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can creamed-style corn
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with paper or foil liners.
- In a large blow, combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, melted butter and creamed corn. Add the wet to the dry and mix till just incorporated. Do not over mix. There may be lumps.
- Fill the muffin cups with batter and bake for about 17 - 21 minutes.
- These muffins are dense and full of flavor - I like them hot out of the oven, but they are great cold too!
Making cornbread from scratch is so easy. It only takes a few ingredients. This recipe adds a can of creamed corn to add to the richness and moistness of these muffins.
Are you a lover of cornbread? Have you ever added creamed corn to it? I would love to hear what dishes you east corn bread with. Leave a comment below and I will respond.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- This Is How We Roll Thursday Link Party #86 - October 20, 2016
- Why I have a Breast Cancer Awareness Christmas Tree - October 20, 2016
- Easy Mashed Sweet Potato Recipe – A Clean Eating Recipe - October 19, 2016