There are times when a girl just has to have chocolate, right?
My favorite chocolate treat has to be fudge. When I see fudge I head straight to it. It is almost as if a magnet is pulling me toward the large slabs of fudge.
Many fudge recipes are made with ingredients that don’t fall under the clean eating guidelines. Condensed milk and white sugar are things I am staying away from.
You can imagine my delight when I found an easy chocolate fudge recipe that contained no ingredients that I wouldn’t want to put in my body.
I know you will want to make this recipe – it is creamy and delicious. I am a happy girl now that I know there is a fudge recipe that I won’t feel bad about eating.
Here is how to make this easy chocolate fudge recipe:
- 1/2 cup Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (I used Barlean's)
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Blend all ingredients (except cranberries) together in a food processor or high-speed blender
- When the chocolate mixture is well combined, add the cranberries and pulse for 1 minute (just enough to mix them in)
- Pour into a small container (about 5 X 5) lined with parchment paper
- Place in a refrigerator and cool for 2 hours
- Remove from the refrigerator for 20 minutes before slicing
- Cut into squares.
- *Store in refrigerator
I want to make sure to tell you that this fudge is so good chocolaty. Don’t expect a super sweet chocolate though, remember you are using a healthy 100% cocoa powder to make this and it has a dark chocolate taste to it.
I know I will be making this recipe often. There are so many variations I can thing for this easy chocolate fudge recipe.
Add 1 tsp mint extract (or possibly Creme de Mint)
Add 1 tsp orange extract
Add 1 tsp banana extract
Fudge with cherries
Add 1/4 dried cherries
Don’t you just love it when you can have so many variations of one recipe? I know I do. What would you add to this recipe?
If you make this easy chocolate fudge recipe with cranberries, share it on Instagram with the hashtag #FeedingBig and I will stop by and see what you created.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Broccoli Apple Salad with Tahini Dressing, a clean eating recipe - January 20, 2017
- This is How We Roll Thursday Link Party #99 - January 19, 2017
- Lentil soup with squash and kale; a vegetarian one pot meal - January 16, 2017