Easy baked tilapia parmesan is such a great dish for your $5.00 supper. Add your favorite rice dish and a vegetable or fruit to round this supper out.
I have to tell you something, Big is not a fan of fish. When I mention that fish is on the menu, I often get eye rolls. Does that happen in your house? I have learned to ignore the eye rolling and put it on the menu plan anyway! Let me tell you something, after one bite of easy baked tilapia parmesan, I heard something I thought I would never hear. Big said, “You can put this on the menu anytime!” Had I not been sitting, I think I would have fallen down!
I bet your family members will feel the same way after they taste this tilapia! From start to finish, this recipe took me about 10 minutes. The rice side dish that I made (recipe will be posted next week) took longer than the fish.
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds tilapia fillets
- Preheat your oven's broiler. Cover a broiling pan or cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Spray with cooking spray or rub with oil
- In a bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter and mayonnaise. Season with dried basil, pepper, and onion powder. Mix well and set aside.
- Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes. Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side. Broil for 2 more minutes until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork.
- This recipe make enough to feed a family of 4 twice. Easy Baked Tilapia Parmesan will easily freeze.
If you are a big fan of easy recipes and saving money, this baked tilapia parmesan recipe is for you. You can easily prepare this fish recipe in 20 minutes or less. It freezes well and it will cost you less than $5.00 to feed a family of 4.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Broccoli Apple Salad with Tahini Dressing, a clean eating recipe - January 20, 2017
- This is How We Roll Thursday Link Party #99 - January 19, 2017
- Lentil soup with squash and kale; a vegetarian one pot meal - January 16, 2017