Crustless Broccoli Quiche is one of those wonderful recipes that come together quickly and easily. This is a great dish for those nights when you are busy running the kids from event to event and don’t have a lot of time to cook.
You can easily make this crustless egg dish with the broccoli as I stated, or you can substitue mushrooms, spinach or whatever you have in the vegetable drawer. Don’t have any cheddar cheese? Not to worry, use some swiss or gouda cheese.
You can not go wrong with the basic recipe. No matter what you add to this French classic, it will be fantastic and your family will love it.
- Butter, for ramekins
- Coarse salt
- One head of fresh broccoli (or 1 package (10 ounces) frozen broccoli florets) chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- Ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter four 8-ounce ramekins (or a 9-inch pie dish); set aside.
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add broccoli; cook 1 minute.
- Drain broccoli well; transfer to a cutting board, and blot dry with paper towels. Chop coarsely.In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and nutmeg. Stir in broccoli and cheese.Place ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet. Ladle broccoli mixture into ramekins, dividing evenly. Bake until golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes. Serve with crusty bread and a mixed-green salad, if desired.
Looking for more recipes like this? How about this Cowgirl that I recently made using Ree Drummond’s recipe?
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- January giveaway for a $500 Amazon gift card - January 23, 2017
- Broccoli Apple Salad with Tahini Dressing, a clean eating recipe - January 20, 2017
- This is How We Roll Thursday Link Party #99 - January 19, 2017