Crustless Broccoli Quiche is one of those wonderful recipes that come together quickly and easily. This is a great dish for those nights when you are busy running the kids from event to event and don’t have a lot of time to cook.
You can easily make this crustless egg dish with the broccoli as I stated, or you can substitue mushrooms, spinach or whatever you have in the vegetable drawer. Don’t have any cheddar cheese? Not to worry, use some swiss or gouda cheese.
You can not go wrong with the basic recipe. No matter what you add to this French classic, it will be fantastic and your family will love it.
CRUSTLESS BROCCOLI QUICHE
- Butter, for ramekins
- Coarse salt
- One head of fresh broccoli (or 1 package (10 ounces) frozen broccoli florets) chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- Ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter four 8-ounce ramekins (or a 9-inch pie dish); set aside.
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add broccoli; cook 1 minute.
- Drain broccoli well; transfer to a cutting board, and blot dry with paper towels. Chop coarsely.In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and nutmeg. Stir in broccoli and cheese.Place ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet. Ladle broccoli mixture into ramekins, dividing evenly. Bake until golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes. Serve with crusty bread and a mixed-green salad, if desired.
Are you hungry yet? Need more inspiration? Take a minute to see these delicious recipes:
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Butterfly Feeder Tutorial with Feeding Big - March 24, 2017
- This Is How We Roll #108 - March 23, 2017
- Vitamin C Supplement benefits are many, add it to your day - March 21, 2017