Creamy Strawberry Salad dressing may just be a new favorite salad dressing in our house!
The first time I tried it was just a few days ago at the Strawberry Luncheon that was held for Marietta College graduates and their families. I wish I would have taken a photo, but I must admit, I was to excited about my daughter’s graduation to think about taking photos of anything else!
I searched the internet for recipes, but I didn’t find one that sounded like it had the right ingredients in it. (I am working on refining my palette and trying to taste each ingredient!) So I decided to use a little of one recipe and a little of another and come up with my own version.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries (washed and hulled)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons Strawberry Cider Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Honey
- 2 - 4 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until creamy. About 1 or two minutes.
Last year, my daughter, my Mother and I went strawberry picking! I was like a crazy woman, I just couldn’t stop picking them! My daughter would keep saying, “Mom, your bucket is full” and I would find a way to get more in the bucket! We laughed and had a good day.
When we got home, we cleaned them up and got them in the freezer. It was a long day, but so rewarding! We had strawberries all winter long!
What do you love cook with strawberries? Stop by and see my friend Andrea at Homemade For Elle to see her great list of Clean Eating Salad Dressings (My dressing is among them!)
If you are looking for more delicious recipes, try these:
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- January giveaway for a $500 Amazon gift card - January 23, 2017
- Broccoli Apple Salad with Tahini Dressing, a clean eating recipe - January 20, 2017
- This is How We Roll Thursday Link Party #99 - January 19, 2017