I had some cranberries in the refrigerator that were supposed to be made into pumpkin cranberry bread. On the morning that I was going to make the bread, I realized I didn’t have any more pumpkin! I guess I had used it all in a recipe for scones or soup or something like that! You know me, I love pumpkin. After taking a few minutes to find a new recipe to try, I came across this one.
I do believe the yogurt in the recipe gives the muffins a different consistency to them. I loved every bit of the muffins and hope you will give them a try!
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter , softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar , less 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cranberries , fresh or frozen
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Adjust oven rack to lower middle position and heat oven to 375 degrees. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar with electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add orange zest to butter-sugar mixture. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in one-half of dry ingredients. Beat in one-third of yogurt. Beat in remaining dry ingredients in two batches, alternating with yogurt, until incorporated. Fold cranberries (and walnuts, if you choose to use them) into finished batter.
- Spray twelve-cup muffin tin with vegetable cooking spray or coat lightly with butter. Use large ice cream scoop to divide batter evenly among cups. Bake until muffins are golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Set on wire rack to cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Remove muffins from tin and serve warm.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- This is How We Roll Thursday Link Party #99 - January 19, 2017
- Lentil soup with squash and kale; a vegetarian one pot meal - January 16, 2017
- Cinnamon Honey Sweet Potato Chips, a clean eating recipe - January 13, 2017