I had some cranberries in the refrigerator that were supposed to be made into pumpkin cranberry bread. On the morning that I was going to make the bread, I realized I didn’t have any more pumpkin!
I do believe the yogurt in this cranberry orange muffin recipe gives the muffins a different consistency to them. I loved every bit of the muffins and hope you will give them a try!
Cranberry Orange Muffins
Easy to make muffins with bits of cranberries and the juice of a sweet orange.
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar less 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cranberries fresh or frozen
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts optional
Adjust oven rack to lower middle position and heat oven to 375 degrees. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
Beat butter and sugar with electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add orange zest to butter-sugar mixture. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in one-half of dry ingredients. Beat in one-third of yogurt. Beat in remaining dry ingredients in two batches, alternating with yogurt, until incorporated. Fold cranberries (and walnuts, if you choose to use them) into finished batter.
Spray twelve-cup muffin tin with vegetable cooking spray or coat lightly with butter. Use large ice cream scoop to divide batter evenly among cups. Bake until muffins are golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Set on wire rack to cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Remove muffins from tin and serve warm.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Healthy Fats should be a part of your diet - February 21, 2017
- Chicken soup for the cold, over 30 healthy recipes for your flu or cold - February 20, 2017
- Shrimp Jambalaya Recipe withCrispy Chicken Wings - February 17, 2017