Cinnamon Coffee Cake cooking in the oven on any morning is enough to wake me up and put a smile on my face. I am not a usually a morning person!
If I am going to wake up early, it better be for something good!
I woke up early this morning and made this coffee cake. I promise you, it was worth it!
It was good!
It was real good!
I think it was the best coffee cake I have ever eaten in my life! Everyone in the family agreed with me and said that this coffee cake deserved a 10 on a scale of 1 to 10! Even Big enjoyed it! That is saying a lot, since Big is normally a eggs and bacon kind of person!
Since I am a person who likes to share, I will share the recipe with you. Make it and you will see that I am not lying!
Cinnamon Coffee Cake - the best ever
The best Cinnamon Coffee Cake ever! This cake will bring a smile to even the grumpiest morning person!
Write a review
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 4 Tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, cream margarine (or butter) and sugar; beat in egg.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl. Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Stir in vanilla extract. Pour blended mixture into prepared pan.
To make topping
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in margarine with pastry blender or fork. Spoon half over batter and swirl. Spoon remaining topping over batter and sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake for 30 minutes! Enjoy!
Feeding Big http://feedingbig.com/
See you soon!
My good friend Jutta from Hungry Little Girl got tired of hearing me talk about this coffee cake and decided to make it for herself! Stop over by her blog and read what she has to say about it!
Here is a photo of her version!
I am a lover of great food, gardening, quilting and all things that make my house a home.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Peppermint Meringues (Gluten Free) #ChristmasCookies - December 9, 2016
- This is How We Roll #93 - December 8, 2016
- Not your everyday Oatmeal Raisin Almond Cookies #ChristmasCookie - December 6, 2016