This post was sponsored by Fresh From Florida as part of Influencer Activation for Influence Central.
Summertime, summertime – my favorite time of the year. I am a lover of sun and warm weather and all of the wonderful actives that go along with it.
Summer is a time when the sun stays in the sky longer and the days are filled with family and fun. I love being able to wake up in the morning and head out to the garden to start my day off. I pull weeks, move plants from one area of the garden to another and think about what is going to be on the dinner table that evening.
Having family and friends over during the summer is great. I love to serve light meals that are easy to make and guarantee that I won’t spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
This cod with fruit salsa is one of those dishes. I am alway happy to find fresh fruit from Florida and love to come up with great ways to create a recipe with them.
Living so close to the ocean meant we had an endless supply of great fish. We would often drive to the Keys on the weekends to see what the fishermen had caught that week.
I love the light flavor of fish and the health benefits are great too. We have fish at least once or twice a week. The recipe for Cod with fruit salsa – it is so easy too. If you have a few minutes you can easily make this dish for your family.
- 1 1/2 pounds of cod
- 1 1/2 TBL butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Fruit Salsa
- 1 can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 Tbl. chopped cilantro
- 1 TBL lime juice
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and chopped
- Using a paper towel, dry off the cod pieces. Rub butter on each of the pieces of cod. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill for about 5 - 7 minutes on each side or until light and flaky.
- Fruit Salsa
- In a small bowl, mix all of the salsa ingredients.
- When fish is done, top with salsa and serve
- If you are not able to grill your fish - heat oven to 425 degree F and bake for about 10 - 15 minutes. Fish should be flakey when done.
I love having a light meal in the summer. Finding cod from Florida in the market makes me so happy. I know that my family will enjoy it and the meal will come out perfect every time.
Word of warning, the salsa can get pretty hot from the jalapeño. You may want to start out with a small amount of jalapeño and add more to your taste. We love hot and spicy – your family may not.
I hope you give this recipe a try. If you do, let me know if your family loved it as much as mine did.