Clean Eating Spiced Apple Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup oatmeal
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup honey
- 1 cup finely diced apple (1 medium or 2 small can use red or green
Whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil or butter, egg, and vanilla. Stir in the honey. Add in the flour mixture, stirring just until incorporated. Fold in the apple. Chill for 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 325°F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
Drop the cookie dough into 15 rounded scoops onto the prepared sheet, and flatten slightly. Bake at 325°F for 13-15 minutes. Cool on the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Butterfly Feeder Tutorial with Feeding Big - March 24, 2017
- This Is How We Roll #108 - March 23, 2017
- Vitamin C Supplement benefits are many, add it to your day - March 21, 2017