Clean eating onion soup mix is so easy to make and so versatile, I am in love with it.
Eating clean has not really been a struggle for me. Big and I have always eaten meals that don’t use a lot of pre-packaged and prepared foods. I love getting in the kitchen and cooking and creating homemade mixes is so fun. This onion soup mix is a new favorite. I think it may actually be better than my Cajun spice mix.
I grew up, as many of us did, with a box of Lipton Onion Soup in the pantry. There were so many great uses for it and my Mom considered it her secret ingredient. For many years, I felt the same way. I had a box in my pantry and grabbed it when I was making meatloaf, dip and soup.
Now that I am reading labels more and paying more attention to what goes in my families bellies, I realize that many of the convenience/packaged foods have things in them that I don’t want in my family.
I found this recipe at in a great cookbook titled, 100 Days of Real Food. This book has helped Big and I along our clean eating/real food path. I tweeked the recipe a little to make it something that my family would like.
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a small bowl
- Use in place of store purchased soup mix.
- Store in an airtight container.
Use Clean Eating Onion Soup Mix to make dip
- 1 16 ounce container of sour cream (we use organic, whole milk sour cream)
- 1 recipe of clean eating onion soup mix
- Mix together, let stand about 15 minutes for the onions to soften.
Use Clean Eating Onion Soup Mix to Roast potatoes
- 5 or 6 potatoes, cubed
- 5 or 6 TBL clean eating onion soup mix
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Bake at 350 for about 30 – 40 minutes
I am sure that I will be finding many more recipes to use this mix with. As I find them, I promise I will share them with you.
I would love to hear what you would do with this mix. Take a moment to leave a comment in the section below or shoot me an email and I promise I will get back to you.
Here are a few other Clean Eating Recipes you need to try:
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- This is How We Roll #93 - December 8, 2016
- Not your everyday Oatmeal Raisin Almond Cookies #ChristmasCookie - December 6, 2016
- How to Make the Most Delicious Eggnog Scones #SundaySupper - December 4, 2016