Cinnamon Chip Graham Cracker Muffins are a new favorite here! I woke up early last Sunday morning (I never do that!) and I found that I was craving something on the sweet side for breakfast. I didn’t feel like the usual pancakes or french toast though.
Hmmm….what could I make, what could I make? Muffins! But not just any muffins. They had to have cinnamon chips in them. (If you are a regular reader you know I have
an obsession a love for cinnamon chips. I know you have all seen and hopefully made my Cinnamon Chip Scones. The scones are what began the love affair between myself and delicious chips!
After a little banging and clanging in the kitchen, these wonderful muffins were ready for the breakfast table. They were consumed pretty quickly! The topping is a flavorful combination of graham crackers, brown sugar and butter. Oh, I wish I could adequately describe these to you. But since I can’t you will have to get in your kitchen and make some for yourself.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers, 1 sleeve is enough for the batter and the topping
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/3 vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup cinnamon chips
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, grease or line muffin tin with paper liners.
- Combine topping ingredients until moist and set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, graham crackers and sugar in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, milk, oil and vanilla. Stir in to dry ingredients.
- Stir cinnamon chips into prepared batter.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin.
- Place topping on each muffin.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let muffins rest for 10 minutes before removing from tin.
- The original recipe from Chocolate, Chocolate and more, called for Chocolate Chips, which I think would be yummy also.
Do I have you craving more Cinnamon Chip recipes? Try these out:
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Chicken soup for the cold, over 30 healthy recipes for your flu or cold - February 20, 2017
- Shrimp Jambalaya Recipe withCrispy Chicken Wings - February 17, 2017
- This is How We Roll Link Party #103 - February 16, 2017