Cinnamon Chip Mexican Brownies are the perfect dessert for those times when you need a mix of sweet and hot. My daughter and I really love these brownies and they remind us of when we lived in the Texas/New Mexico area. We grew used to having some form of chili pepper in most anything we ate.
Biting into this chewy brownie is satisfying enough, but the added cinnamon chips and the bit of cayenne pepper, send your mouth to a happy place! Let me try to tempt you – first you get the smooth chocolate taste, then you bite into a cinnamon chip and it begins to warm up your mouth, then the cayenne really gets your tastebuds in motion. At this point your mouth is nice and warm and you can truly taste all of the flavors. I know that many talk of tastes “exploding” in their mouths, this is not like that at all. It is a slow and comforting warmth, the kind that encourages a smile on your face.
If you are not used to or have never heard of Mexican Chocolate, let me tell you a little about it. Mexican chocolate is a very rich chocolate that is scented with cinnamon and is used in many dishes. My two favorite uses are Mole and Hot Chocolate. I now have a new favorite – Cinnamon Chip Mexican Brownies.
- 1 Box Brownie Mix (and the ingredients called for on the package)
- 3/4 cup Hershey Cinnamon Chips
- 3/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Powder *
- Prepare the brownie batter according to the directions on the box. Stir in the 3/4 cup cinnamon chips and the 3/4 teaspoon cayenne powder. Stir well.
- Bake according to the directions on the package.
- * You can adjust the amount of Cayenne powder to your taste. I found this amount to give heat to the brownies without burning my mouth.
Are you hungry now? Here are a couple other great recipes for you to try:
Need a great way to give them as a gift? Here are a couple great ideas for you:
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- January giveaway for a $500 Amazon gift card - January 23, 2017
- Broccoli Apple Salad with Tahini Dressing, a clean eating recipe - January 20, 2017
- This is How We Roll Thursday Link Party #99 - January 19, 2017