Cinnamon Chip Maple Cookie Bars are my contribution to the October Fill The Cookie Jar group. We are a group of bloggers who share their favorite cookie or bar recipes each month based on a theme. Since it is October, we will share our Halloween or Fall favorite cookies.
Cinnamon chip maple cookie bars are so delicious and they are the perfect fall cookie. When I think about maple, I think about leaves changing colors, a long trip through the countryside in Vermont and a picnic in the woods.
These bars are the perfect combination of sweet from the maple syrup and warmth from the cinnamon. I would love to spend a few minutes alone with one of these bars and cup of hot chocolate. I think it would be a perfect way to treat your self after a long and busy day.
When the weather changes and it begins to cool down outside, I am ready to get back in the kitchen and begin to bake. I love the smells that come from the oven and even enjoy the bit of heat the oven give off! Such a wonderful way to warm my hands and the house. I love it when my family comes home and the first thing they notice is the wonderful smells coming from the kitchen.
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. maple extract
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 10 oz. bag cinnamon chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line a 9 X 13 baking pan with foil, scary with baking spray (leave a 2 inch overhang)
- Beat butter and sugars until fluffy. Add maple syrup, eggs, vanilla and maple extract. Mix until well blended.
- Add flour, baking soda and baking powder. until well combined.
- Stir in cinnamon chips. Spread batter in the baking pan.
- Bake about 35 - 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
If you are a blogger and are interested in being a part of the Fill The Cookie Jar Facebook Group, please take a minute to fill out the form to be accepted HERE.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Easy Creamed Corn made with cream cheese #FarmersMarketWeek - August 9, 2017
- Peach Bourbon Jam #FarmersMarketWeek - August 7, 2017
- How to Make Homemade Apple Juice.Easy, healthy and yummy - August 4, 2017