Christmas wreath made from Dollar Tree ornaments was easy to make.
I am not much of a DIY type of person, but the holidays bring out my crafty side. My intention with with wreath was to hang it on the front door. I have a black door and I thought it would show up well.
My beautiful and inexpensive wreath has never seen the light of day, or a ray of sunshine or flake of snow. I just couldn’t bring myself to put it outside. It is just too pretty.
I spent less than $15.00! Can you believe this stunning wreath cost that little? The wreath was simple to make – all you need is a form, some ornaments and a glue gun.
A little patience wouldn’t hurt either. I think it took me about 2 hours to make. I got side tracked a few times, so I am not exactly sure.
I found tubes of ornaments at the Dollar Tree and picked up 15 of them. I made sure that I had 3 different size ornaments and, as you can see, I stuck with gold and silver as my color theme. I also picked up a wicker wreath. Mine was 16″.
Here are the easy steps to making the christmas wreath:
- Lay the wreath on a flat surface
- Pull the cap off the ornaments
- Glue ornaments on the inside of the wreath
- Glue ornaments on the very outside of the wreath
- Glue ornaments in a random order, much like a putting a puzzle together.
- Make sure you don’t have a lot of gaps – fill it till you are happy with your wreath.
What do you think? I am so sorry I don’t have step by step instructions for you! I began working on this late at night and got so involved, I just forgot. You can find a pretty good tutorial on Money Hip Mamas, or at Live, Love, DIY.
I love this Upcycled Book Page Christmas Wreath. I love that it is made from an old book that is no longer in use. If you don’t have any books that you don’t mind cutting up, you can easily find some at a local thrift shop.
I am loving all of the Christmas Wreaths for bedroom doors. I never though to make a specialized wreath for each member of my family. Now that I am seeing these, I really think I need to get crafty.
Do you make wreaths at Christmas or any other time of the year? I would love to hear more.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- January giveaway for a $500 Amazon gift card - January 23, 2017
- Broccoli Apple Salad with Tahini Dressing, a clean eating recipe - January 20, 2017
- This is How We Roll Thursday Link Party #99 - January 19, 2017