Here is how to make Chocolate peanut butter protein balls:
- 1 cup peanut butter (I use organic)
- 1 cup honey (I use Nature Nate's)
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 TBL cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Crushed nuts (I used peanuts, you can use nut of your choice)
- Mix the first six ingredients together thoroughly.
- Chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes (I have left it for longer)
- Roll into balls then roll them in the crushed nuts.
- Store in the refrigerator.
I chose to use Nature Nate’s Honey for my recipe. Did you realize many honeys have been processed and all of the good enzymes are taken out? Then companies take out the pollens. Nature Nate’s doesn’t. It is raw and unfiltered honey, the way honey is supposed to be. Swapping sugar for honey in recipes takes a little thought. Here are a couple things to think about when you swap honey for sugar in a recipe:
- 1 cup granulated cane sugar = 1/4 – 1/3 cup raw honey (I have read to use equal sugar to honey, but I think it is too much)
- Start with less, not more.
- Reduce other liquids in the recipe by 1/4 cup for every cup of honey used after the first, depending on the recipe.
I know this might sound confusing at first, but once you get the hang of it, it is easy to do. I would say my biggest tip is to taste, taste, taste. As stated above, less is more.
I like knowing my family enjoys these chocolate peanut butter protein balls. I feel good about the ingredients and I feel good that they get a little extra protein in their diets.
Would your family like these? I bet they would!
I know you want to run to the kitchen to make these chocolate peanut butter protein balls, but check out some of the other great recipes that are being shared in #Choctoberfest.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Easy Honey Glazed Carrots with Chives Recipe - October 25, 2016
- Christmas Gift Guide for the Natural Living Hostess - October 24, 2016
- This Is How We Roll Thursday Link Party #86 - October 20, 2016