Chocolate Mint Fudge has become a standard in our house at Christmas time. As soon as the weather begins to cool, you can find myself or Big in the kitchen making a batch of this fudge.
We try to make candy and cookies to mail family and give to neighbors during the Christmas holiday season. I know many of you enjoy giving homemade gifts also.
A few years ago, while flipping through the pages of Taste Of Home magazine, I came across this recipe. I thought, “Hey, I love Andy’s Candy, I will give this recipe a try.”
I am so glad that I did.
There is a good mint to chocolate ratio. I was worried the mint would be overwhelming, but it is not. I also love the green and brown combination. You know what you are getting when you look at it.
This is an easy recipe to make. It does take a little time though. There are a few chilling periods and this is where the time factor comes in.
Chocolate Mint Fudge
Chocolate Mint Fudge is a great candy for any time of the year. It is especially nice to share at the holidays.
Write a review
- Chocolate Mint Candy
- Yield: about 2 pounds
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 2 to 3 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 3 drops green food coloring
- In a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips with 1 cup sweetened condensed milk. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Spread half into a waxed paper-lined 8 inch square pan; chill for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan over low heat, cook and stir candy coating with remaining condensed milk until coating is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in peppermint extract and food coloring. Spread over bottom layer; chill for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Warm remaining chocolate mixture, (if necessary): spread over mint layer. Chill for 2 hours or until firm. Remove from pan; cut into 1 inch squares.
Feeding Big http://feedingbig.com/
This fudge may become a family tradition in your home also! Make sure you make more than one batch!
I am a lover of great food, gardening, quilting and all things that make my house a home.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- This Is How We Roll Thursday Link Party #86 - October 20, 2016
- Why I have a Breast Cancer Awareness Christmas Tree - October 20, 2016
- Easy Mashed Sweet Potato Recipe – A Clean Eating Recipe - October 19, 2016