Chocolate Hazelnut Phyllo Cups are the perfect sweet treat to the end of any meal. Creamy, rich and not too overly sweet.
I don’t know about you, but I love hazelnut chocolate spread. I could eat it from a spoon. I remember when I was young and I spent time with my German Grandmother. We would use this spread on a slice of bread or an a piece of fruit for a light afternoon snack. I fell in love with it and every time I eat some, I think of her and the wonderful times we shared together.
There are so many great recipes you can make with this spread, but I chose this one, because I wanted simple and I wanted to let the flavor of the spread shine. I used Nocciolata Organic Hazelnut Spread for this recipe. I feel good about cooking with certified organic foods. I also feel pretty good about grabbing a spoonful of it when no one is looking and enjoying a little treat!
- 1/2 cup Nocciolata Hazelnut Spread
- 2 Tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 stick butter
- 4 sheets phyllo dough
- Mix the hazelnut spread with the heavy whipping cream.
- Melt butter in microwave.
- Lay 1 sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface, brush it all over with the melted butter, top with another sheet and repeat 3 more times until 4 sheets have been used. Cover the phyllo dough with a damp kitchen or paper towel while it sits on the counter to prevent it from drying out as you work. With a large chef knife, cut the stack into 6 equal pieces. Lightly spray a mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line each muffin cup with 1 of the phyllo pieces, gently pressing it down into the edges to form a cup.
- Bake in a preheated350 degree oven for about 10 minutes or until light golden brown and crisp. Remove from oven and cool completely before filling.
- Using a piping bag, fill each of the cups with the Nocciolata Hazelnut spread mixture.
So, when you are not sure what to have to end your fantastic dinner with, try this. My daughter and I also recently had them for our weekly Tea Time! They were just perfect.
See you soon.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Butterfly Feeder Tutorial with Feeding Big - March 24, 2017
- This Is How We Roll #108 - March 23, 2017
- Vitamin C Supplement benefits are many, add it to your day - March 21, 2017