Honey and Sriracha Chicken wings have the perfect mix of sweet, hot and tart. Honestly, the flavor is like a little explosion in your mouth!
Big is a huge fan of chicken wings. I can take them or leave them. Personally, I find it way to much work for a bite of chicken. I mean really, there are two little bites of meat on each part of the wing! Although, if the wing is fried, it is my favorite part of the chicken. I love the breading to meat ratio! Can you tell I am a breading kind of girl!
Anyway, I digress. I recently saw some wings on sale and knowing Big’s love of chicken wings, I decided to pick some up. I am so glad I did! These wings are to die for!
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup sriracha
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 orange, juiced
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- In a large plastic freezer bag combine chicken wings, olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in refrigerator and chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F. Place chicken wings on a large cookie sheet and bake for about 20 minutes. Turn half way through cooking time.
- Meanwhile, melt butter over medium heat in a small saucepan. Add sriracha, honey and juices and mix well to combine.
- When wings are cooked, place them in a large bowl and pour the sauce over them. Add the chopped cilantro and toss. Serve and enjoy!
- Chicken Wings = $4.99 for 3 pounds (on sale)
- Butter = $.43
- Honey = $.23
- Sriracha= $.38
- Lime = $.25
- Orange = $.08
- Cilantro = $.39
- Total Cost = $6.52, per serving = $1.63
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Chicken soup for the cold, over 30 healthy recipes for your flu or cold - February 20, 2017
- Shrimp Jambalaya Recipe withCrispy Chicken Wings - February 17, 2017
- This is How We Roll Link Party #103 - February 16, 2017