Chicken salad with apples and cranberries is so delicious. I have to admit, I think it is the best chicken salad recipe out there.
As a home cook, I am always up for trying something new. That being said, there are some recipes out there that I just don’t want to change.
Chicken salad was one of those recipes. I have made my chicken salad the same way for many years. It is a family favorite. Who wants to change a family favorite?
When I told Big that I was going to add apples and cranberries to my chicken salad recipe, I saw her eyes roll and I swear I could hear her make a groaning noise.
Once she tasted this chicken salad with apples and cranberries, I saw a big smile on her face.
How to make Chicken Salad with Apples and Cranberries:
Chicken Salad with Apples and Cranberries
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken (can use turkey)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 3 TBL chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup diced apple I like to use a Granny Smith - use your favorite
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds or nut of your choice
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt I use Fage
- 2 TBL mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp thyme
Using a medium size bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix well.
Use on bread for a sandwich, top lettuce for a salad or top an avocado.
Please note - You may want to cut down on the amount of yogurt and mayonnaise. I prefer my chicken salad to be a bit more "wet" than others do.
One of my favorite ways to eat this chicken salad with apples and cranberries is in an avocado. Avocados are filled with over 20 different vitamins and nutrients. We all know that avocados are a healthy fat too.
I have been busy making recipes with apples for over a month. You see, we have 5 apple trees and this year they produced more apples that we have ever had .
Making Chicken Salad with Apples and Cranberries is not all I have been cooking.
Here are a few more recipes with apples:
- Apple Pie Smoothie
- Cinnamon Apple Chips,
- Clean Eating Spiced Apple Cookies,
- Maple Sweetened Apple Butter,
- Healthy Apple Cinnamon Muffins,
- Easy Baked Stuffed Pork Chops with Cranberries and Apples
- Apple Tuna Salad
I am excited to be making more than applesauce with our apples this year. I am always on the lookout for new recipes to try – if you have a favorite recipe that has apples in it, let me know. You never know, I may be adding it to my menu!
Here are more apple recipes from some of my blogging friends:
Apple Cheddar Grilled Cheese by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Apple Cider Bread by I Say Nomato
Apple-Glazed Pork Chops with Raisins by Love My Messy Messy Mess
Apple Streusel Muffins by Family Around The Table
Chopped Apple Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Fall Apples Become Yummy Applesauce for the Year by Crafty Mama in ME
Harvest Brats with Apple Slaw by Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids
Sausage Stuffed Apples by A Palatable Pastime
Sage Pork Chops with Apple Pan Gravy by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Broccoli Apple Salad with Tahini Dressing, a clean eating recipe - January 20, 2017
- This is How We Roll Thursday Link Party #99 - January 19, 2017
- Lentil soup with squash and kale; a vegetarian one pot meal - January 16, 2017