- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 3 cups cooked rice (I used white, but you can use brown)
- 2 Tbs sesame oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 2-3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 green onion, sliced diagonally
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Shred the leftover chicken. (if you don't have leftover chicken, you can cook some in the slow cooker so it remains moist)
- Preheat a large skillet or wok to medium heat. Pour the sesame oil in the pan and let it heat up. Add the onion and peas and carrots combination and fry until tender.
- Take the onion, peas and carrots out of the pan and place in a small bowl.
- Add the beaten eggs to the pan and scramble them. When the eggs are cooked, add the vegetables, rice and chicken.
- Pour the soy sauce on top. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir and fry the rice until heated through and combined.
- Place the chicken fried rice on a platter or in a bowl, top with sesame seeds and green onions.
The recipe calls for salt and pepper to taste. I didn’t add any salt, I thought the soy sauce made the dish salty enough. Of course, not everyone feels this way. You may enjoy it a bit more salty.
Easy Chicken Fried Rice needs to be your #SundaySupper this week. Here is why:
- Less than 30 minutes to make
- Less than 10 ingredients (most of them condiments)
- Uses leftovers, so no waste
- Is inexpensive to make
- Tastes great
So what are you waiting for? I know your family will love this Easy Chicken Fried Rice – it really is better than take out.
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread by Ruffles & Truffles
- Chocolate Cranberry Mini Muffins by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cauliflower-Apple Melts by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Chimichurri Bread by What Smells So Good?
- Everything Cream Cheese Balls by Magnolia Days
- Mini Party Crab Cakes by Food Lust People Love
- Holiday Bruschetta by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Lobster Salad in Puff Pastry Cups by The Weekend Gourmet
- Potato Kimchi Bacon Bites by kimchi MOM
- Quick Crab Stuffed Mushrooms by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Scallops with Cranberry Bacon Jam by Caroline’s Cooking
- Shrimp and Artichoke Crostini by Monica’s Table
- Spanakopita Bites by Casa de Crews
- Tortellini Caprese Bites by The Freshman Cook
- Tropical Cocktail Wings by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Bean, Escarole, & Sausage Soup by Get the Good Stuff
- Chicken Cacciatore Pronto by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Easy Chicken Fried Rice by Feeding Big
- Swedish Meatballs by Palatable Pastime
- Apple Pecan Salad by Wholistic Woman
- Bourbon Glazed Sweet Potatoes by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Healthier Hoppin’ John by Cooking Chat
- Italian Sausage & Broccoli Rabe Stuffing by The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- 4-Ingredient Double Chocolate Christmas Fudge by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Bananas Foster Bread Pudding by Wallflour Girl
- Dark Chocolate Coconut Pecan Cups by PancakeWarriors
- Frangelico French Silk Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Holiday Pie Crust Cookies by Rhubarb and Honey
- Peppermint Bark Pretzels by Pies and Plots
- Red Velvet Eggnog Cheesecake Trifle by The Crumby Cupcake
- Santa Cookies by NinjaBaker.com
- Skillet Cookies by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Soft and Chewy Lemon Cookies by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- White Chocolate Covered Gingerbread OREOS by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Quick and Easy Holiday Recipe #SundaySupper by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy.
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- $100 Paypal or Amazon Giveaway - August 29, 2016
- Clean Eating Whole Wheat Banana Bread – with blueberries - August 29, 2016
- How to make Homemade Hot Pepper Oil#SundaySupper - August 28, 2016