Cheese Tortellini Primavera is one of the dinners we love to have during the summer or on a day when we just don’t feel like having meat. Not only is is easy to make, but it is healthy! I love feeing my family an affordable, great tasting, healthy meal.
Cheese tortellini can be topped with so many great sauces, but this vegetable sauce has to be my favorite. A great thing about this recipe is that you can add any vegetable that your family loves. I often am known to use one vegetable instead of three or four. No matter which vegetables or how many vegetables you use, it is a fantastic, affordable meal.
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoon water, divided
- 1/4 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 package (20 ounce) refrigerated or frozen tortellini
- 2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounce) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 cup fresh button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic clovers, minced
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Additional freshly grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine broccoli and 1/4 cup water; microwave, covered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly; drain. Repeat with asparagus and remaining water.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain. In a small bowl, whisk flour and chick broth until smooth.
- Cut zucchini into thin slices. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add zucchini and cook and stir for 6 - 9 minutes or crisp-tender. Add onions, mushroom and garlic and cook 2-3 minutes longer. Stir broth mixture to combine; stir into vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 1 - 2 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Add broccoli, asparagus, tortellini, 1/2 cup cheese, pepper and salt; heat through, tossing gently to combine.
- If desired, serve with addition cheese.
Just look at all of the vegetables! The color is so inviting and so is all of that cheese on top! I don’t know about you, but any meal with grated Parmesan cheese on it can’t be bad!
I hope you will give this delicious and frugal recipe a try. I know your family will love it. If you don’t think this recipe is one for your table tonight, take a look at the most pinned recipe I have ever shared!
The Best Shrimp Ever!
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Best No Bake Cheesecake with blueberries #DiaryMonth - June 23, 2017
- Alfredo sauce with cream cheese #DairyMonth - June 21, 2017
- Peaches and Cream Smoothie, a clean eating recipe #DairyMonth - June 19, 2017