The holidays will soon be here and I want to make sure that I am able to have the perfect gift for each member of my family, to include my kitties.
Each of my pets mean the world to me. They all have their own personalities and their own likes and dislikes. The one thing they have in common is the love of kitty treats. I was so happy to find this recipe for Tuna Catnip Kitty treats.
- 1 (5 ounce) can tuna, no sat added and packed in water, drained
- 1 cup oat flour (grind old fashioned oats in a blender - 1 cup whole oats = 1 cup flour)
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 heaping Tablespoon dried catnip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl, combine drained tuna, oat flour, egg, olive oil and catnip. Blend until mixutre is smooth.
- Roll dough into half-teaspoon balls and place on a prepared cookie sheet. Use a skewer or toothpick to press an X-shape into each cookie ball.
- Bake cookies for 10 - 12 minutes until they are dried on top and slightly browned. Allow to cool completely.
- Place treats in a airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to seven days.
I was so excited to try these treats out on my kitties. All three loved them. I had to break a treat into littler pieces for them. I am sure you would have to do the same. I wish I could have gotten a photo or two of them eating the treats. But I don’t really think you want to see the top of their heads while they were munching away! Trust me, they loved the treats.
Here are a few things that I know my kitties would love. I think my little on would really love the Cat Tree! he is a little wild and love to climb around!
Don’t have the time to make kitty treats? Here are a few great gift ideas for you!
- Remote Control Mouse
- Blingys Plaid Bowknot Collar
- Go Pet Club Cat Tree
- PetFusion Cat Scratcher Lounge
- Ultimate Scratching Post
Don’t have a cat, but do have a puppy? How about making some of these Peanut Butter Dog Treats.
I am an affiliate for Amazon and if you purchase anything from the using this site, I receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting Feeding Big.