Penne with Sausage in Creamy Boursin Cheese recipe is a quick and easy Italian meal that your family will love.
I love Italian food! Big is not a fan of Italian food. Sauces that have a lot of tomato in them are not really her favorite. Needless to say, we don’t eat a lot of Italian dishes at home. Of course, we have pizza and stromboli on a regular basis – who is not a big fan of those?
I recently created this Penne with sausage in creamy boursin cheese recipe and Big loves it. I have to say that it ranks high on my list of favorite dishes also. I found a simple boursin sauce recipe and twisted it a bit to make is mine.
How to make Penne with Sausage in Creamy Boursin Cheese Recipe:
Penne with Sausage in Creamy Boursin Cheese recipe
Penne pasta with a creamy garlic and herb sauce.
- 1 lb mild Italian Sausage
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese leave some for topping
- 1 oz package Boursin® any flavor, 5.2 oz.
- salt to taste
- parsley for garnish
Crumble and fry sausage. When done, remove from pan and lay on a paper towel to soak in the extra grease.
In heavy bottomed saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Slowly whisk in flour until thoroughly incorporated. Stirring constantly, whisk in milk. Cook until thick. Reduce heat and gradually add in small, even pieces of Boursin. Cook until cheese is completely melted and sauce is smooth. Add parmesan and stir till melted.
Stir in salt. If cheese sauce becomes too thick, add more milk.
Add sausage and mix until sauce coats the pasta
Garnish with parsley
I know Penne with Creamy Boursin cheese will be on my menu often. I love the creamy, richness of the sauce. I also love the ease of making this dish.
When my vegetarian daughter comes over for dinner, I make this recipe and leave the sausage out. I always add a loaf of Italian bread and a large salad to round out the meal.
Make sure you take a few minutes to see what my friends from Sunday Supper are sharing today:
- Cacio e Uova Meatless Recipe from She Loves Biscotti
- Gnocchi alla Romana from Tramplingrose
- Italian Rice Balls from My World Simplified
- Rosemary Focaccia from Curious Cuisiniere
- Tomato Caprese with Burrata from Casa de Crews
- Asparagus and lemon risotto from Un Assaggio of Food, Wine & Marriage
- Braised Italian-Style Beef Short Ribs from Hardly A Goddess
- Bruschetta Chicken from Meal Planning Magic
- Bucatini with Roasted Garlic Tomato Sauce from The TipToe Fairy
- Orechietti with Broccoli Rabe and Shrimp from Delaware Girl Eats
- Cheesy Gnocchi and Sausage Bake from Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Classic Vodka Sauce from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Fast Faux-Baked Ziti from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Florentine Pizza from A Mind Full Mom
- Gluten Free Meatballs with Homemade Sauce from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Green and Yellow Artichoke Tortellini with Mushrooms, Pancetta and Spring Peas with White Wine Reduction from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Grilled Chicken Pesto Panini from Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Mushroom Bolognese Pasta Recipe from Life Tastes Good
- Parma Rosa Baked Ziti from Palatable Pastime
- Pasta Con Sarde a Mare – Pasta with Sardines at Sea from Caroline’s Cooking
- Pasta e Fagioli from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pesce all’Aqua Pazza from Monica’s Table
- Polenta-Crusted Italian Sausage Pies from Wholistic Woman
- Pumpkin Agnolotti from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Shrimp Fra Diavolo from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Slow Cooker Lasagna from Food Lust People Love
- Stuffed Ravioli in Alfredo Sauce from The Freshman Cook
- Tuscan Kale Pesto Risotto from Cooking Chat
- Tuscan Porterhouse with Balsamic-Rosemary Steak Sauce and Seared Radicchio from The Texan New Yorker
- Tuscan Style Chicken Breasts from Simple and Savory
- Zuppa Toscana from Momma’s Meals
- Italian Berries, Mascarpone and Marsala Budini from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Berry Tiramisu from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cannoli Poke Cake from Moore or Less Cooking
- Cherry Walnut Biscotti from Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Tiramisu from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Fiordilatte Gelato from Manu’s Menu
- Italian Cream Cheesecake from The Crumby Cupcake
- Lemoncello Tiramisu from The Redhead Baker
- Limoncello Cookies from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Orange and Almond Ricotta Cheesecake from Pine Needles In My Salad
- Panna Cotta with Fresh Berries from The Chef Next Door
- Salame al Cioccolato (Chocolate Salami) from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Strawberry Panna Cotta from From Gate to Plate
- Tiramisu Semifreddo from Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Wine and Cheese Chocolate Muffins from What Smells So Good?
- Zabaglione Gelato from Magnolia Days
- Bicerin (Italian Coffee) from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Limoncello from Our Good Life
- Liquore all’Alloro from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Sgroppino (Frothy Italian Sorbetto Cocktail) from The Wimpy Vegetarian
And Artichoke Torta plus More Recipes for Italian Fest from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Why choose pesticide free fruits and vegetables? - January 24, 2017
- January giveaway for a $500 Amazon gift card - January 23, 2017
- Broccoli Apple Salad with Tahini Dressing, a clean eating recipe - January 20, 2017