Are you a person who loves to grill? I am.
I have been known to get outside and light up the grill during any time of the year. Yes, even when there is snow on the ground!
Since I love grilling so much, I am always on the search for a great marinade. Most of my marinades have had soy sauce as the main ingredient. Both Big and I have issues with MSG, I get migraines that can make me feel ill for days and Big will get stomach issues.
There are various reports on MSG out there. Some say it is really bad for you and some say it is not so bad. Since both Big and I have issues, we are cutting it out of our diet. Eliminating MSG goes along with our clean eating, real food way of eating.
The best grilled chicken marinate is made with lime juice, oil and herbs. The marinade gives the chicken a fresh taste – there is a bit of a tangy flavor to it.
How to Make the Best Grilled Chicken Marinade:
- 1/2 cup of fresh squeezed lime juice (may used bottled)
- 1/2 cup olive oil (I use light)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons kosher salt
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- Place all ingredients in a jar (or bowl) and shake (or whisk if using a bowl).
- Let the marinade stand for about 30 minutes before using to let the herbs and spices blend.
I have not tried this marinade on anything other than chicken. Yet.
Beef fajitas and beef kabobs will be the next thing I try this marinade on . I will let you know how it works.
What is your favorite way to marinade chicken? How about beef? I would love to hear.
If you make this recipe, snap a photo of it and share it on Instagram. Use the hashtag #FeedingBig and I will stop by and see what you cooked!
Here are a few more recipes you may like:
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- Peppermint Meringues (Gluten Free) #ChristmasCookies - December 9, 2016
- This is How We Roll #93 - December 8, 2016
- Not your everyday Oatmeal Raisin Almond Cookies #ChristmasCookie - December 6, 2016