Granola is a wonderful thing. It can be a breakfast food. It can be a snack. It can be a part of a late night snack or lazy night dinner. I promise you, this is not the hippie version of granola that you are thinking of! This is an up to date, modern recipe that will really knock your socks off!
It has quickly became one of my favorites. Over the years, I have added a few things and changed a few others. I now call it my own recipe.
- 6 cups of oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cups slivered almonds
- 2 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1/2 dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup non flavored vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 TBS vanilla
- 1-2 cups assorted dried fruit (I use dried cherries, cranberries and raisins)
- Pre-heat oven to 225
- Mix all ingredients except oatmeal and dried fruit in a large bowl. Mix well. Add oatmeal and coat evenly. Place on a large cookie sheet and spread evenly.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes. Turn every 15 minutes.
- Cool completely and serve. Store in an air tight container.
- You can mix in they type of dried fruit and nuts you like. I add flax seed sometimes too!
- I have even been known to add a very ripe and mashed banana to the liquid mixture!
Latest posts by Cynthia (see all)
- This Is How We Roll #109 - March 30, 2017
- Kids won’t eat vegetables? I have tips that will help. - March 28, 2017
- Butterfly Feeder Tutorial with Feeding Big - March 24, 2017